• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Hi All,

I am in the middle of re-writing a glass and brittle plastic procedure. I am looking for an example of a broken glass report and a broken glass log.

I am not just talking about a way to mark down that some guage cover was cracked. I am looking for something more detail in the event of a shattering or such other occurances similar to that.

If anyone if willing to share an example I would be more than greatful. Thank you much!

-D

Bill Wheatley

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

I would like to see this also. Do you use a map of the facility to identify the area where the breakage occurred or is this unnecessary?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Hi All,

I am in the middle of re-writing a glass and brittle plastic procedure. I am looking for an example of a broken glass report and a broken glass log.

I am not just talking about a way to mark down that some guage cover was cracked. I am looking for something more detail in the event of a shattering or such other occurances similar to that.

If anyone if willing to share an example I would be more than greatful. Thank you much!

-D

Dear 3kdi,

IMEX a dropping / breaking of a glass object in the middle of a processing area is typically described as an "incident" and generates corrective actions written up in an "incident" report.

I guess a multiple dropping, or a resulting dangerous spillage, might even be classified as a "crisis" and generate a "crisis" report.

The usual immediate response is to cordon off an area around the incident, stop processing within the area and initiate various remedial activities, eg attend to any injuries / contamination of personnel, segregate the contained material, etc.

From memory, there are several sample formats posted on this forum, somewhere.

(The above is, as you noted, in contrast to a discovery of a small crack in a plastic balance cover which would typically be covered in a glass-brittle plastic log + corrective action.)

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

George @ Safefood 360°

Grade - SIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 374 posts
  • 326 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

Hi 3kdi

I have attached a sample contamination control procedure/policy (remember it is just a sample)

I have also attached a sample register and on the final page of this record is a report for the management of a breakage incident.

George

Attached Files

Thanked by 5 Members:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Dear George,

Thks for (reposting?) the nice documents but I am surprised that no mention of controlling the area surrounding the "incident". This seemed to be an automatic requirement in most procedures I have encountered, typically involving (presumably arbitrary) specified distances. Notably to prevent cross-contamination of course.

Maybe it depends on the perceived seriousness, eg an instantaneous BRC risk assessment. For example, i once encountered a window falling down on a packaging table such that the plastic laminate was found "wanting". :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:
sci

3kdi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

Hi 3kdi

I have attached a sample contamination control procedure/policy (remember it is just a sample)

I have also attached a sample register and on the final page of this record is a report for the management of a breakage incident.

George

Thank you for these examples George they are very helpful .

Montana

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

Hi Gorge,
Thanks for your example form.
I'm working in wine bottling industry and we have the same form for control of glass and rigid plastic. I think weekly check is enough , all glass need to be safe glass anyway and on top of that we have mash protection on all glass lightings what is satisfying for BRC

Montana

Hi 3kdi

George

GlassGuard

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

When writing your glass procedure, you can minimise the risk of glass contamination from your lighting by using fragment retention lamps. The coating applied to these lamps will retain all the glass fragments safely. The use of fragment retention lamps satisfies the 'protection' requirement laid out by IFS, BRC, GlobalGAP etc

carine

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 361 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:18 AM

Do we need to have checking on lighting protection??

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:34 AM

Do we need to have checking on lighting protection??

Dear carine,

I believe it's called "monitoring". so yes.

Or did you mean lightning ?  :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users