• IFSQN Member
  • 77 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Hello ALL,

I am undergoing SQF level 2 certification and i dont quite understand the Sampling Inspection and Analysis 2.5.6. What is the code asking. I have the documentation. What next?

Thanks in advance all

SpursGirl

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 117 posts
  • 83 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

Hi

The SQF guidance document is really useful as it clearly sets out the expectation for each clause - if you havent already go a copy pop over to the SQF website and download a copy - its free!

Basically for this caluse you need to have a document that defines what testing you perform on materials/products/WIP items - micro, organoleptic, physical and chemical whicever applies - who does the testing, how often, what test methods are applied and what limits you are working to. You need to show that the methods are recognised methodologies and that those performing the tests are competent to do so - this applies to internal staff (trainng records) and external labs (accreditation).

You will need to have procedures written for how to deal with out of specification results - this may be covered in other documentation in your QMS but you need to clearly define actions and responsibilities.

Lastly you need to keep copies of all results, any actions for out of specifications and show that you are sticking to your defined limits and schedule.

Hope that helps!

Sarah

Thanked by 1 Member:
sci

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users