skredsfan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 69 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Grilling, Sports, & Continual Education!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Stage 1 desk Audit is in the books! Stage 2 Certification in 5 weeks! One step closer to achieving certification! Thank You all for your help along the way. It isn't over yet, but I feel much more confident after yesterdays desk audit :-)

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

How did it go, what did it consist of, who did it? :smile:

Well done!

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

imadoughguy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Building Redemptive Relationships, Self Improvement, Cars, Fishing, Home Improvement, Serving Others and Seeing Positively Impacted People in my Wake. :-)

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Yes congratulations, and I would be very interested in seeing your reply to Simon. 

TKS

Phil

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

Dear skredsfan,

Yes, ditto above.

I would think that for FSSC 22000 in USA, you have the opportunity of joining a rather select packaging club. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

skredsfan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 69 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

How did it go, what did it consist of, who did it? :smile:

Well done!

Regards,

Simon

Simon,

The stage 1 desk Audit went very well in my opinion. The auditor reviewed our procedures to verify compliance to the PAS-223 specification. In addition he also reviewed our HACCP System. I guess my interpretation of an OPRP VS. CCP was correct,because he was fine with the methodology I used to determine them. He wanted me to be more specific with identified hazards in my hazard analysis. Instead of listing foreign material as a physical hazard, he wants me to list each physical hazard such as dirt, debris, nuts, bolts, etc.,and then perform a risk assessment. There were no major findings. Only minors and observations. He also performed a facility walk through to include restrooms, breakrooms, and production areas. He had a relatively short list of findings during the plant tour, but nothing major there either! I feel confident that after performing corrective action on his findings, that we'll be in good shape for stage 2 in Mid July. Our 3rd party auditor is DNV Business Assurance. Thanks again everyone,

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for the feedback Skredsfan.  That's one major milestone completed...well done. I think it's a good way of doing it, meaning a desk audit or pre-assessment, like a trial run that ensures you pretty much know the result of the full certification audit.

Keep your foot on the pedal and you'll have an enjoyable summer.

Please let us know more as you progress.

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

Simon,

The stage 1 desk Audit went very well in my opinion. The auditor reviewed our procedures to verify compliance to the PAS-223 specification. In addition he also reviewed our HACCP System. I guess my interpretation of an OPRP VS. CCP was correct,because he was fine with the methodology I used to determine them. He wanted me to be more specific with identified hazards in my hazard analysis. Instead of listing foreign material as a physical hazard, he wants me to list each physical hazard such as dirt, debris, nuts, bolts, etc.,and then perform a risk assessment. There were no major findings. Only minors and observations. He also performed a facility walk through to include restrooms, breakrooms, and production areas. He had a relatively short list of findings during the plant tour, but nothing major there either! I feel confident that after performing corrective action on his findings, that we'll be in good shape for stage 2 in Mid July. Our 3rd party auditor is DNV Business Assurance. Thanks again everyone,

Dear skredsfan,

I'm curious. :smile:

Did you end up staying with the Procert tree or ?.

How many CCPs  and OPRPs respectively ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

skredsfan

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 69 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

Dear skredsfan,

I'm curious. :smile:

Did you end up staying with the Procert tree or ?.

How many CCPs  and OPRPs respectively ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Charles,

I did stay with the Procert tree. In our previous HACCP plan we had one CCP (Graphics Verification). After reassessing the plan according to ISO-22000 & the Procert Tree, we determined that it was an OPRP. We also determined another step to be an OPRP (Barcode Verification). We now have two OPRP's & zero CCP's.

Shane

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

Charles,

I did stay with the Procert tree. In our previous HACCP plan we had one CCP (Graphics Verification). After reassessing the plan according to ISO-22000 & the Procert Tree, we determined that it was an OPRP. We also determined another step to be an OPRP (Barcode Verification). We now have two OPRP's & zero CCP's.

Shane

Dear skredsfan,

Seems plausible to a non-packaging person. Appreciate the feedback.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

MCIAN

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 100 posts
  • 41 thanks
Good

• Philippines
    Philippines
  • Interests:Law of attraction & Meditation

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:06 AM

Congrats Shane and good luck on your certification audit.

:thumbup:

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users