• Quick Navigation
Photo

Recording weights of fixed weight products?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ol_ok

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 11 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

Hi All,

Just wondering how people record weights of fixed weight products?  We're using the old pen & paper method to record and then we calculate the average & standard deviation - thinking that something like those old plug in calculators with the till roll would be great to punch in the weights, press a button to calculate average & standard deviation, print out and retain would be a quicker way to do this overall. 

Anyone using a gadget to do this?  We're not at the tablets on the lines stage yet unfortunately!

Thanks,

Olivia

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

I use an old pen & paper method (and good old excel). I also have a sartorious average weight scale, which is much as you described.

Caz x

ol_ok

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 11 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

Thanks Caz.  There just HAS to be something out there to take excel out of it!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

Hi All,

Just wondering how people record weights of fixed weight products?  We're using the old pen & paper method to record and then we calculate the average & standard deviation - thinking that something like those old plug in calculators with the till roll would be great to punch in the weights, press a button to calculate average & standard deviation, print out and retain would be a quicker way to do this overall. 

Anyone using a gadget to do this?  We're not at the tablets on the lines stage yet unfortunately!

Thanks,

Olivia

Dear Olivia,

Do you mean record on-line at the production stage?

i saw a 20 station, fish fillet packaging set-up over 10yrs ago where the balance(s) were simply permanently hooked up to a central CPU. Everything statistical available in real-time, including over-weight.

Or perhaps you meant something portable, hand-size ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

ol_ok

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 11 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

Hi Charles- had hoped for something hand held.  There is the capacity to record & upload weights from the check weighers but the weights wouldn't be available in real time so it isn't any good for us (i.e. would have to be done after production).  I will talk to our IT people but I know we looked at it a few years back to no avail.  If I was any way technically minded I'd invent something :)

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users