bacon

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 173 posts
  • 77 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:NOAA HACCP & Better Process Control School Certified, GFSI Schemes (BRC/SQF) Certified, Woolworths Quality Assurance (WQA), USDC, FDA, U.S. Army and client audit preparation; Seafood Processing, Supplier Approval

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

I wasn't quite sure where to post this question... 

I know that Safefoods 360 and Gael Ltd’s “Q-Pulse” and a handful of other companies handle document control catering to GFSI benchmark requirements, however when it comes to the actual food manufactures having much concern over this issue, I find very little and only references in the tightly scrutinized pharmaceutical/medical device industries.

So when it comes to these kinds of digital record (only with the predicate rules that apply to food packers), I am wondering what people are seeing out there in the food manufacturing industry... (i.e. - not concerned with food import, pharmaceutical or medical device industries submitting digital documents to FDA 21 CFR part 11 requirements)

Cheers,

-Cory

bacon

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 173 posts
  • 77 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:NOAA HACCP & Better Process Control School Certified, GFSI Schemes (BRC/SQF) Certified, Woolworths Quality Assurance (WQA), USDC, FDA, U.S. Army and client audit preparation; Seafood Processing, Supplier Approval

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

Come on! 350 view and NOBODY is dealing with Digital Signatures and Electronic Records!!??

The complexity and growth of Document Control in Food Safety/Quality systems and the heavy paperwork burden is giving rise to Digital Signatures and Electronic Record handling software. The two major legal reference I have found are 21 CFR Part 11 and EU DIRECTIVE 1999-93-EC concerning Digital Signatures and Electronic Records (I haven't looked into what Australia/NZ require).

Anybody getting senior management support in having these types of software systems to support QA/QC management of paperwork burden?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

Dear baron,

My personal (tiring) experiences are 100% manual.

I presume the major item in yr post is electronic document control systems.

Not sure if you have already searched this forum but i think i recall several previous threads here discussing this topic and commercial systems like the ones you mention ? Including comments from users also, from memory.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

bacon

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 173 posts
  • 77 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Thank you Charles.C. I hear you about the 100% paper manual stuff.

I did search a while back but will have to do it again it seems.

Just surprised that nobody really responded.

Cheers

-B

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users