Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

I'm here with the hopes of finding some help and guidance. Not the most computer savvy person, and am having difficulty finding my way. Looking for a little advice on HACCP and GMP policies for a grain mill. We've never had anything in place, and it's been thrust upon me to figure the maze out. I've checked out some very helpful sites on the web, but one on one interaction would be tremendously helpful!! Thank you in advance!! :)

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

I'm here with the hopes of finding some help and guidance. Not the most computer savvy person, and am having difficulty finding my way. Looking for a little advice on HACCP and GMP policies for a grain mill. We've never had anything in place, and it's been thrust upon me to figure the maze out. I've checked out some very helpful sites on the web, but one on one interaction would be tremendously helpful!! Thank you in advance!! :)

Dear krl,

Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I presume by grain you mean something like a member of the corn family.

If so, these links may be of some help -

http://www.ifsqn.com...lls/#entry62122

http://www.ifsqn.com...ill/#entry45872

If you hv further queries, please do not hesitate to revert.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Left the Building...

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Thanks for the response Charles :) We're not in the corn family. We're a very small facility which deals in oats, groats, wheat and barley, with the final product going for an ingredient in dog food. I've been told that we need a GMP policy, and a HACCP program. To be honest I am like a fish outta water here... SO MUCH INFO!!! Yikes, I see why they threw me under the bus, it's a nightmare, and I've just begun!!

LauraDF

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

I would suggest looking into some GMP and HACCP training from a reputable training company. In training, you will gain better knowledge on how to develop and implement GMPs and develop your HACCP plans.  Since you're starting from scratch, training would be best. 

Good Luck!

Regards,

LA

Craig L.

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

Good advice LA. 

Krl54409, these programs will be your own and specific to your facility. There are some free training videos on youtube that I sometimes use for training new employees which may be helpful to you.

CB

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users