Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

I joined a small bakery plant recently. I am responsible to develop their SQF 2000 plan.

The company does not have any HACCP Plan too.

So, I am planning to work on the prerequisite programs first, develop a HACCP Plan and side by side work on SQF. Please advice me if this is the right path I am following to get my plant SQF Certified within an year. Secondly, I need the template of  forms and policies  to design according to SQF 2000.

Thanks

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,668 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:04 AM

SQF 2000 is now SQF Code - you just need to add the Level to that, I guess for you in a bakery it would be Level II.

I imagine if there is no HACCP plan then the the FSMS is going to have holes in too.

I'd run a gap analysis on what you have vs. SQF Code 7.1 and then build FSMS, HACCP and then SQF - technically speaking FSMS could be developed at same time since it is a comprehensive system.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 2 Members:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

I joined a small bakery plant recently. I am responsible to develop their SQF 2000 plan.

The company does not have any HACCP Plan too.

So, I am planning to work on the prerequisite programs first, develop a HACCP Plan and side by side work on SQF. Please advice me if this is the right path I am following to get my plant SQF Certified within an year. Secondly, I need the template of  forms and policies  to design according to SQF 2000.

Thanks

Hi Blossom,

Your plan seems fine, prerequisite programmes should be developed before Hazard Analysis. Make sure you get a copy of the SQF Code and Guidance documents as they prescribe expected prerequisite programmes.

You may not be aware but IFSQN provide an SQF Implementation Package which is supported until you achieve certification and contains comprehensive document templates: SQF Food Safety and Quality Management System for Food Manufacturers

Regards,

Tony

Blossom

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

Thank you for replying back. As I have started working on the prerequisite programs simultaneously I am also working on SQF Code, to make sure that I am not skipping any point of SQF Code....I will surely review the IFSQN SQF Package. I am looking for the template because I want to check what information should be provided in the Header and footer area i.e Approved by and prepared by policy. As I am preparing the policies and I am SQF Practitioner aswell so will I be approving or I can have company CEO to approve them. I do have review and approval form for every new and revised document, which is signed by concerned employees and management before the policy is introduced in the company. Thanks in advance.

Blossom

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

Please Advice..

TheDude

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 48 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

We have document number and version number as the footer. Company and document name as the header. When modified, the version number changes and a separate form documents who made the changes, why and the date.

You may find this thread helpful:

http://www.ifsqn.com...control version

Thanked by 1 Member:

Blossom

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for the advice ...The thread is really helpful n answers a lot of my questions. One doubt still in my mind is according to SQF who is going to prepare and approve documents...As I am doing both these duties and I shouldnot be signing both places.

TheDude

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 48 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

I am also fairly new to this but I will try to help. I could be wrong but I don't believe they dictate who is to prepare and/or approve documents. I believe you just need to document who you assign those roles to. At our plant, the person responsible for document control prepares documents under the guidance of the SQFP. Our plant manager approves documents/changes.

Also, check out the guidance for code 2.1.3.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

Thank you for replying back. As I have started working on the prerequisite programs simultaneously I am also working on SQF Code, to make sure that I am not skipping any point of SQF Code....I will surely review the IFSQN SQF Package. I am looking for the template because I want to check what information should be provided in the Header and footer area i.e Approved by and prepared by policy. As I am preparing the policies and I am SQF Practitioner aswell so will I be approving or I can have company CEO to approve them. I do have review and approval form for every new and revised document, which is signed by concerned employees and management before the policy is introduced in the company. Thanks in advance.

Your documents can be approved by a person with responsibility and authority in the area in which the document is relevant.

People usually want to put a company logo in the header and you can do that with the documents supplied in the SQF Food Safety and Quality Management System for Food Manufacturers as they are in Microsoft Word format.

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

Document approval, for us, runs like this:

Policies as signed by the managers that are responsible for the policy

Forms are all approved by me.

DPS's - work instructions - etc - are approved by me.

It doesn't really say anything about it in the code but you'll have to be able to defend whatever you do to the auditor if they ask you about it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users