• IFSQN Member
  • 77 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

Hello All,

My company is a small bakery manufacture in Southern California.  We also produce meats for a prison program, but most of our business is bakery (cinn roll, danish, brownie, muffin)  for retail. 

A year ago I was asked by my company to take the SQF Practitioner coarse and HACCP coarse, then pretty much lead, develope, and implement SQF systems here at my facility.  There was soo  much resistance from plant manger and several employees I really just wanted to quit. I was so frustraited day in and day out.  I was loosing sleep and stressed out on a day to day basis. But PERSEVERENCE is key in this world of SQF.   My SQF team started with 7 employees.   The maintenanc manager quit  a month and a half before stage 2 audit. The QA supervisor quit  a month before the stage two audit. I took over all SQF systems the QA supervisor was in charge of, and the Sanitation Manager began to oversee all Maintenance work and documentation. We passed the SQF audit with 5 SQF team members and of course all your help as well in regards to this wonderful Forum.  We only had 12 minors.   My suggestions to you who were just as stressed as me is "Dont Quit"  " See it Through"

Good Luck to All.

Our certification body was SGS and they were a tremendous amount of help by the way.

Have a good one, and talk to you all soon.

M. Brown

Thanked by 2 Members:

HappyCoin

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

Congrats

Thanked by 1 Member:

esquef

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 374 posts
  • 235 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment. Now the really fun part starts. Maintaining your certification can actually be more challenging than acheiving initial certification. People tend to become complacent after a good result, and this can come back to hurt you on your recertification efforts. So my suggestion is to celebrate your accomplishments with your team and jump back in the game and refocus your efforts on implementing strong and lasting corrective actions for you minor NC's and OIP's.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Blossom

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

Hello

Congrats for passing the audit....

I too joined a small bakery plant recently and I am responsible to clear SQF Level 2 by next year. I am at initial steps of working on the quality management program.

Can you please guide me through the initial and important steps I need to work on .

Thanks in advance

MBrown042

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 77 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

Hello

I too joined a small bakery plant recently and I am responsible to clear SQF Level 2 by next year. I am at initial steps of working on the quality management program.

Can you please guide me through the initial and important steps I need to work on .

Thanks in advance

Hello ,

Of coarse I can help.  I have docuementation if needed and can provide any guidance to you if you have any questions.  Please email me directly should you have any questions. xxxxxxxx ... My auditor suggested for me to focus on my production, maintenance and sanitation and I should do fine, but I much more prepared than that.

Best Regards,

Marvis Brown

Edited by Charles.C, 03 September 2013 - 09:39 PM.
removed email address, spam risk

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hello

Thanks in advance

Dear Blossom,

The initial steps seem to be in yr other  thread ?

http://www.ifsqn.com...ion/#entry63927

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

tery

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:04 AM

Thanks for your post.

nitchicsqf

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

Congratulations!  I too am in a situation similar to what you described. Your accomplishments and words of motivation have revived me. I will persevere. Thanks a bunch! Again, congrats!

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,599 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

Congratulations!

-Setanta         

brianweber

Brian

• IFSQN Senior
  • 293 posts
  • 114 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cheese, Coffee, Golf, Scrabble, Food Safety, HACCP, BBQing

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:23 PM

I am glad to have come across this thread today... I am on my last go around with some people here before i want to just walk away. Thank you! (Even though this is about 2 years old. :happydance:

Brian

saucy

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 43 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:02 PM

Congratulations! Get some well-needed rest, then dig in on corrective actions!

Hint: Assign responsibilities for corrective actions, but give them the real due date--30 days from audit--as their deadline. Tell folks it is about a week ahead. You will need time to document and post evidence on Reliance. Your auditor will need time to review and closeout.

Good job!

saucy

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 43 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:08 PM

Congratulations! Get some well-needed rest, then dig in on corrective actions!

Hint: Assign responsibilities for corrective actions, but give them the real due date--30 days from audit--as their deadline. Tell folks it is about a week ahead. You will need time to document and post evidence on Reliance. Your auditor will need time to review and closeout.

Good job!

Correction!! I meant to say "but don't give them the real due date." People tend to take to the last minute, leaving you no time to document and upload your evidence.  :sleazy:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users