Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 10 February 2004 - 10:15 PM

Just do it  B)

I see you've got yourself a sponsor at last Franco. :lol: However, I must remind you that advertising is not permitted on the forums. By the way is that the furry fiend I can see in your avatar image? :o

I agree with what you say about getting back to the basics of quality management, and I'm sure given the opportunity we'd all vote for a return to self regulated, uncertified, honest to goodness quality values. But I'm afraid it's a pipe dream and I really don't want to see the BRC/IoP Packaging Standard follow in the footsteps of other certification standards and become yet another required but worthless badge.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for the info Yorkshire, I will be writing to The British Retail Consortium to see why Certification to The BRC/IoP Packaging Standard is not mentioned in section 2.10.1 of The BRC Global Standard - Food, and whether they intend to include this in the next revision.

I will let you know if they reply.

Cheers,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

yorkshire

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 380 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Antiques<br />Buying Georgian houses<br />Fine Food &amp; Wine<br />Luxury Cars<br />(Mostly dreams)

Posted 12 February 2004 - 11:02 AM

I have been talking to a colleague who is audited by a company called CMi. They issue guidance notes for the BRC Food standard.
Under 2.10.1.1 The company shall have a documented supplier approval procedure in place based upon risk and assessment they say the following:

The approval of new and existing suppliers of raw materials shall be based on risk and could include the following components:

Historical experience of the supplier
Supplier questionnaires
Supplier audits either directly or via 3rd party
Supplier certification to the BRC standard

The company should maintain a list of approved suppliers and records on which supplier approval is based in order to be able to demonstrate that supplier approval is adequately controlled.

I do not know if this is widely available from CMi but it seems like a good idea for clarifying some clauses.

"Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in order to avoid the calamity of being ignorant of everything." Sydney Smith 1771 - 1845 www.newsinfoplus.co.uk

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 13 February 2004 - 09:41 AM

So CMi are using a bit of the commonsense that's lacking from other areas. It really should be in the standard.

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users