• Quick Navigation
Photo

Information to help me prepare for a Lead Auditor course?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

agnes

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 52 posts
  • 76 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Hi,

I am going to attend a Lead Auditor course in near future, which I am really grateful for.

As English is not my first language i like to read some books or information to help me prepare for a course.

Can anyone suggest a book or a good website which will help me to pass and exam?

Cheers

Agnes

Agnes

George @ Safefood 360°

Grade - SIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 374 posts
  • 327 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

Hi there,

You might find our recent presentation on the subject helpful

http://www.ifsqn.com...and-principles/

and also our whitepaper which you find here for download:

https://safefood360....es/whitepapers/

George

SUSHIL

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 162 posts
  • 225 thanks
Good

• India
    India

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

Hello Agnes,

ISO 22000:2005 Food Safety Management Systems Auditor / Lead Auditor Training Course is Based on ISO 22004(Requirements for any organization in the food chain) and ISO 19011 (Guidelines for auditing management Systems) and is five day course.

Please visit website-www.irca.org

The aim of the course is to:

Describe the fundamental purpose of a food safety management system (FSMS) as well as the principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of food safety hazards, including the significance of these for FSMS auditors.

Interpret the requirements of ISO 22000: 2005 in the context of an audit of an organization’s FSMS.

Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up of a FSMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011.

Before going for this course you should have an understanding of HACCP, and  the content & implementation of ISO 22000 international standard.

For this visit the post-http://www.ifsqn.com...s-of-iso-22004/

And also visit the posts  on HACCP,ISO and FSSC 22000 topics and auditing topics on this forum

Courses are conducted by certification bodies recognised by the IRCA, (International Register of Certificated Auditors). The course meets the training requirements for individuals seeking registration as Auditors/Lead Auditor with IRCA.

Exam is based on continuous assessment during the course (e.g. exercises are conducted which are designed to provide participants to gain experience and skills in auditing FSMS, in classroom based on various clauses of ISO 22004  (CLAUSE 4 TO CLAUSE 8),Identifying types of food safety hazards, identifying PRPs, oPRP, CCPs etc, ,and based on ISO 19011 –FSMS AUDIT-audit preparation,audit plan ,stage 1 and stage 2 auditplan. Preparation  audit work documents, Planning and conducting opening meeting,auditing  company (Case Studies),writing Non- Conformities, audit report, closing meeting ,specimen exam .

Exercises to be submitted.

The Written examination, which is conducted on 5th day of the course,

Written exam will contain 10 marks objective type questions (each question having 4 options),20 marks subjective type question (4 questions of 5 marks each based on ISO 22000 and 20 marks subjective (3 questions  based on ISO 19011 (Auditing)and finally 30 marks on preparing NCR(non-conformity reports based on the 3 questions).

Exam to be completed in 2 hours and pass percentage is 70%.

CRITERIA TO BECOME IRCA RECOGNISED AUDITORS examples are attached

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users