• Quick Navigation
Photo

Personal Protective Equipment Procedures in a Bakery

Share this

Best Answer , 02 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hi,

Engineers are using swarf mats by the door but about swarfs on their coats.

What is the difference between production and non production office? We have "technical office" which is currently used for keeping shelf life samples, taste panel, probes calibration, product quality checking, preparing few bits for production. People from production area are using it. This room is also used by managers who do not use protective clothing. Staples, cardboard boxes etc are also kept in there.

???

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Aleph

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

Hi,

I am workin in low risk product bakery and I am reviewing our current PPE procedure and I need to write new one. I have to include engineering work shop ( currently they are in and out of bakery in the same clothes and shoes) and also our stores men who are in and out in the same PPE. Eating in whites is my next problem(taste panel) and should I make shoes captive to site only ( would this be indoors only) Offices is my next worry, we have been picked by BRC for hanging coats on chairs. I wonder what are PPE procedures in other bakeries. Our staff is not allowed in canteen with whites but tiolet is ok with shoes which are then taken to the bakery.

Any sugestions would be appreciated

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:40 AM

Hi,

I am workin in low risk product bakery and I am reviewing our current PPE procedure and I need to write new one. I have to include engineering work shop ( currently they are in and out of bakery in the same clothes and shoes) and also our stores men who are in and out in the same PPE. Eating in whites is my next problem(taste panel) and should I make shoes captive to site only ( would this be indoors only) Offices is my next worry, we have been picked by BRC for hanging coats on chairs. I wonder what are PPE procedures in other bakeries. Our staff is not allowed in canteen with whites but tiolet is ok with shoes which are then taken to the bakery.

Any sugestions would be appreciated

Hi Aleph,

:welcome:

You are required to 'determine the procedures for the application and use of protective clothing based on a risk assessment'.

Removal of clothing would be typical for canteen, smoking, outside and toilets. There should be a dedicated area for storage of PPE when removed. Re. Engineers this would be based on hygiene standards and controls (e.g. swarf mats) in engineering workshop.

Footwear should be captive to the site.

Regards,

Tony

Aleph

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:48 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

What is the difference between production and non production office? We have "technical office" which is currently used for keeping shelf life samples, taste panel, probes calibration, product quality checking, preparing few bits for production. People from production area are using it. This room is also used by managers who do not use protective clothing. Staples, cardboard boxes etc are also kept in there.

???

TheDude

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 48 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

Footwear should be captive to the site.

Is captive footwear always recommended regardless of the risk level and standard?

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

Good point that you raise although normally Engineers are provided with separate fire retardant clothing for grinding & welding?

Is captive footwear always recommended regardless of the risk level and standard?

The post is not on a forum for a particular standard, best practice is captive footwear. Some standards refer only to high risk footwear.

Regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users