In gum manufacturing process, the intermediate product is passed through extruders for sheeting. 90% of the material gets extruded easily but the remaining 10% gets extruded only when the other batch is put into the extruder. In this case the resulting batch will always have a 10% of mix-up of two batches. We have good procedures to maintain the traceability till the final product if we ignore the 10% mix-up which we do not intend to.
I would like to learn from your expertise, that how do you handle such situations??
Running a "Dummy" batch in between the two batches could have been a soloution, but then I am not aware what all materials can be used as "Dummy" in gum manufacturing process, because our raw materials especially "Gum base" is pretty costly.
Edited by Meena, 08 November 2013 - 04:34 AM.