• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ukraine
    Ukraine

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hello!

We are sertificated on ISO 22000 and according to this standart we have special procedure of Pest control, which includes monitoring of rats, insects etc.

Now we are thinking of Pest Reject :uhm: (Plug Ultrasonic Anti Mosquito Insect Mouse Cockroach Pest Repeller Reject)

Is it so effective? And what about monitoring and all documents?How can we show that it works?

Do you know somebody who use it?

Thanks

robertof84

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• El Salvador
    El Salvador

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

You could use them in order to avoid excess pests, but I don't consider them to work great. You will always have to use the traditional rodent traps and insect lamps, and of course the corresponding documentation of them. 

What we do is to work with a good reputation company that takes care of all this and basically does it for us, we only need to control the documents for auditing purposes.

Remember one thing, when it comes to any ISO, documentation is proof of everything, I you cannot prove it, its like it doesn't exist, no matter how you do it.

Regards

terichem

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ukraine
    Ukraine

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Thank you, Robertof84

I also know that according to ISO we have to show evidence. 

Now we are working with one company which do all services in this field (monitoring, statistics etc.) 

But I' d like also  to hear reviews of somebody who use Pest Reject.

Are they really effective? :helpplease:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

I've never seen any factory using ultrasonic devices, but I don't get out much. :smile:

Good proofing, doors and windows closed, good waste management, perimeter controls, internal and external baits, fly killers, regular audits, prompt corrective and preventive action etc.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users