• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

Here is my situation.

We have a coporate GMP policy that states "Our mills are smoke free enviroments"

Our mill, one of the 5 coporate mills for our food sector, allows smoking in a designated location for a reason that plant manager has explained to corporate and has recieved an unhappy "OK".

I brought up this inconsistancy at our last food safety team meeting.  We don't want to write another GMP document for multple reasons but we want something that reflects that we do allow smoking at our mill as apposed to the corporate document that says that we don't as a blanket statement.

Within FFSC22000 what is the easest way to accomplish this?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

Here is my situation.

We have a coporate GMP policy that states "Our mills are smoke free enviroments"

Our mill, one of the 5 coporate mills for our food sector, allows smoking in a designated location for a reason that plant manager has explained to corporate and has recieved an unhappy "OK".

I brought up this inconsistancy at our last food safety team meeting.  We don't want to write another GMP document for multple reasons but we want something that reflects that we do allow smoking at our mill as apposed to the corporate document that says that we don't as a blanket statement.

Within FFSC22000 what is the easest way to accomplish this?

As always in this situation there is still going to be a contradiction. I assume that the corporate GMP 'policy' covers a multitude of areas that you are ok with and that this is the exception. If this is the case I would add a 'local smoking policy' which is signed by the person with highest authority on site as an 'appendix' and ensure the controls are in place to eliminate any food safety hazards related to smoking. An auditor may not like the conflict with corporate policy but if you are enforcing your own rules and there isn't any risk then you should be okay.

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

I was leaning toward this type of resolution I just wasn't sure if it would fly in general with an auditor.

Thanks Tony

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,412 posts
  • 999 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

As long as you have something in the "Corporate Policy" that allows satellite organizations leeway, and the local policy addresses it.. that should be fine.

Marshall

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users