"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

:yay: We just survived our first FSSC audit and escaped with a few minors that will be pretty easy to fix.  It was a little hairy at times but soon we will have our certificate I'm sure.

Edited by MerleW, 06 December 2013 - 05:11 PM.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

Well done Merle, good going since you only just switched from SQF to FSSC.  

Give yourself a pat on the back and enjoy your weekend. :beer:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Chris @ Safefood 360°

Associate - AIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 104 posts
  • 51 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

Congratulations, Merle!

Curious...how would you rate the FSSC22000 audit versus the SQF audits you had in the past? Tougher? Easier? Similar?

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

Thanks Simon and Chris :spoton:

Simon: 

Obviously I didn't have as great a part in this audit as my last I was in coming into this system 3 weeks ago.  But luckily some of what I did do helped to stop us from getting one minor and showed him continuous improvement from their documentation audit.   But I did have a big part in helping to get everything out to show him and I'm going to be having a much bigger part in fixing the minors and moving forward.

Chris:

The audit today seemed "harder" though I would say that obviously different standards, auditors, and CB's create a different situation.  Also the differences between the systems and the  manufacturing plants were numerous also.

However I think that this inspector did a much more comprehensive audit than the SQF inspector did at my last plant.  I feel very confident moving forward that we were properly inspected here and that we have a very complete (minus the minors of course) system and a safe to use product.

Edited by MerleW, 06 December 2013 - 08:22 PM.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Luigirobert

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 24 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

Congratulations Merle, and congratulations to all your team!,

We were also audited last Wednesday in FSSC 22K (under the new version 2013). We also had good results (just two minors and a few observations).

My comments:
the "bad thing", talking about the results point of view, is that the PAS 223 (I don't know for PAS 220) audit results are just only classified like as  "non-conformities", there are no "observations"  :wacko: .

Best regards.
Roberto.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

Nevertheless Merle a good result to kick-start your new role.

Well done Roberto. :clap:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:44 AM

:yay: We just survived our first FSSC audit and escaped with a few minors that will be pretty easy to fix.  It was a little hairy at times but soon we will have our certificate I'm sure.

Well Done Merle

Can you enlighten us on the minors? Were they related to ISO 22000 or TS ISO 22002?

Regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users