• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to integrate QMS and HACCP to FSSC 22000?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic
* * * * * 1 votes

naizil

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 14 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:09 AM

Can any one give a baseline idea about how to integrate ISO 9001 and HACCP in to FSSC22000?

Ashly007

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

ISO 22000 has been aligned with ISO 9001 in order to enhance the compatibility of the two standards and we know hazard analysis is the key to an effective food safety management system

Therefore, ISO 22000 certified manufacturers can obtain full GFSI accepted FSSC 22000 certification by meeting the requirements of technical specifications for sector PRPs and the additional scheme requirements.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ashly007

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

ISO 22000 has been aligned with ISO 9001 in order to enhance the compatibility of the two standards and we know hazard analysis is the key to an effective food safety management system

Therefore, ISO 22000 certified manufacturers can obtain full GFSI accepted FSSC 22000 certification by meeting the requirements of technical specifications for sector PRPs and the additional scheme requirements.

Claudia_QP

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 89 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Paraguay
    Paraguay
  • Interests:FSMS, QMS, Food technology

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

You can do a gap analysis using ISO 9001, ISO 22000 and ISO 22002-1 (ex PAS 220).

Edited by guillenclau, 20 February 2014 - 02:08 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

I agree with doing the gap analysis.  Also the 22002 is really called the TS22002 (Technical Specification) just wanted to mention that to help remove any confusion.

FSSC22000 consists of the ISO 22000 standard and the TS22002 standard and yes the technical specification used to be called PAS 220.

You'll basically look at every section of the standard and the gap analysis will ask if you have "this" in place.  You put yes or no and then when you get done you know what you need to do to conform to the code.

Alternatively you can work with a consultant company that can come in and look at everything you do and tell you what you need to do but I don't like that because it makes it less of your system and more of a cookie cutter approach in my opinion.

:tardis:

*edited because I forgot my TARDIS

Edited by MerleW, 20 February 2014 - 02:08 PM.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:08 PM

see this thread: http://www.ifsqn.com...-to-fssc-22000/

*How will I ever make : tardis:  the number 1 emoticon if I keep forgetting to add it in... I need a signature

Edited by MerleW, 20 February 2014 - 02:09 PM.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

Ok and I just learned something:

The TS22002 has 4 different versions dependent on your sector:

-1 is for Food Manufacturing

-2 is for Catering

-3 is for Farming

-4 is for Food Packaging Manufacturing

I hate that you can't see the standards like with SQF... but it is what it is I guess.

Mr. Incognito

Dave R

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 6 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Can any one give a baseline idea about how to integrate ISO 9001 and HACCP in to FSSC22000?

I recently made this transition.  After 20+ years of ISO9001 it was hard to change the paradigm.  Think of ISO-22000 as taking for granted all the things in your current QMS.  Some may be mentioned directly others just inferred.  We had been 9001 & AIIB vertified so all the PRP's came from AIB but the HACCP plan then was 2 pages and now ours is 17.  The flow diagrams added most of the pages.  After  modifying all the QAM documents for 22000 elements it dawned on me to go back and change the title of each one in the QAM to "Food Safety & Quality  Manual".

This allows us to make the transition a little smoother and sometime in the future I expect to Drop the word 'Quality".  Might be awhile though.  Create a new document called HACCP which starts with a brief  of the company, products, identifies the team members, covers storage, intended use and mis-intended use of your products.  Then flow diagrams with a overview and each process separately with all imputs, steps, and outputs.  After that you have the information needed to performt he risk anlysis.  I've seen several examples of assessing risk but we chose a simple one. 

L= Likelihood of Occurrence  S = Severity of the Outcome             R = Risk Level (LxS)

3 = High                                              3 = High                                  1-3 = Low risk (establish control measures where appropriate)

2 = Medium                                         2 = Medium                             4-6 = Medium risk (OPRP)

1 = Low                                               1 = Low                                   7-9 = Substantial risk (CCP)

Types: CCP = Critical Control Point   F = Foreign Body                    M = Microbiological                C = Chemical

L * S = R

Hopefully you already have the GMP, Glass etc., pest control, security, etc.   Hope this helps.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Jasna Lasinger

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

see HACCP 9000

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

Dear naizil,

there is actually a sample (multi-standard) quality manual whch combines / includes both iso 9001 and haccp ( and maybe iso22000 also from memory) on this forum if you search a bit.

@DaveR - yr approach (assuming no other criteria involved)  utilises an ultra-simple ( :thumbup: ) but also potentially highly questionable interpretation of OPRP. i am curious as to whether it was auditorially acceptable within FSSC22000 as stated in yr post?.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

naizil

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 14 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:51 AM

I agree with doing the gap analysis.  Also the 22002 is really called the TS22002 (Technical Specification) just wanted to mention that to help remove any confusion.

FSSC22000 consists of the ISO 22000 standard and the TS22002 standard and yes the technical specification used to be called PAS 220.

You'll basically look at every section of the standard and the gap analysis will ask if you have "this" in place.  You put yes or no and then when you get done you know what you need to do to conform to the code.

Alternatively you can work with a consultant company that can come in and look at everything you do and tell you what you need to do but I don't like that because it makes it less of your system and more of a cookie cutter approach in my opinion.

*edited because I forgot my TARDIS

Thank you Mr. MerleW.

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

You are very welcome

Mr. Incognito

rstevenson

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:45 PM

Does anyone have an example of a gap analysis for a packaging facility? 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users