Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 45 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

One of the documented quality objectives I have specified for a meat product manufacturer is product quality and I am in the process of drawing up a document which can be used to measure this. Obviously it depends on the product and product spec, but the company make a range of Indian snacks and european and asian ready meals. If anyone has got any such documentation or information they wouldn't minded sharing it would be most appreciated.

Best Regards

Skye :surprise:

mukul1989

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

One of the most prominent product quality parameter in meat you would like to watch out for is texture: so you can obtain a texture analyzer to measure the same, next in line could be a tool for colour index (probably a shade card).

Physicochemical parameters could be pH, salt content, acid%. 

If fat is involved then it calls out for TBA/peroxide value/FFA.

And sensory evaluation by a trained panel is important.

I hope i was of some help.

Thanks,

Mukul Chopra

Thanked by 2 Members:

Bhawani Gorti

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Active
  • 48 posts
  • 23 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India
  • Interests:Food safety and compliance expert

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:26 AM

Hi Skye

documented quality objectives needs to be SMART - Specific,Measurable,Achievable, reliable and time bound. Objective u mentioned - product quality is subjective and does not satisfy SMART criteria hence it cannot be Objective by itself. If you make Product Quality specific to physical / sensory  parameters and that which can be measured and keep track then it will be okay otherwise no.........

thanks

B T Gorti
food safety and compliance expert

Skype id-Saradiro Services
website-www.saradiro.com

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

One of the documented quality objectives I have specified for a meat product manufacturer is product quality and I am in the process of drawing up a document which can be used to measure this. Obviously it depends on the product and product spec, but the company make a range of Indian snacks and european and asian ready meals. If anyone has got any such documentation or information they wouldn't minded sharing it would be most appreciated.

Best Regards

Skye :surprise:

Dear Skye,

You probably need to give a clearer idea of yr specific interest in order to get relevant replies.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users