Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:17 AM

Dear All,

The document attached was prompted from 2 directions.

Attached File  Choices for quality,haccp,safety standards in FS sector.pdf   178.33KB   92 downloads

A recent thread  attempted to discuss some of the inter-relationships, eg relative benefits,  between (Food Safety) Standards, Quality and Food Safety. The result was somewhat inconclusive which mirrors previous threads here on this topic. Terminologies such as the above are predictably subjective / overlapping and liable to be driven by varying objectives.

Additionally I noticed several recent queries related to S.Africa’s  official FS standards for which relatively little data exists on this forum AFAIK although it appears to be currently focused towards ISO 22000.

The document contains a quite interesting discussion of the relevance of “standards” particularly in respect to the ISO quality series followed by a  tabular comparison/analysis of the sections  of iso 9001 / 10330 / 22000 from the POV of achieving compliance to ISO 22000 from initial possession of ISO 9001 via use of 10330.

The 10330 structure presented, by omission, seems to imply that  the OPRP category  has been somehow fused  into the PRP aspect of HACCP plan. No further details are mentioned regarding this fundamental concept  of ISO 22000 whic is somewhat odd.

The case study of a large company progressing from ISO 9001 to 22000 is IMEX unusually frank / realistic. I found it rather fascinating.

This related link suggests that the current S.African FS scene has recently been undergoing various transitions –

http://sheqafrica.com/sans10049-haccp/

Rgds / Charles.C

PS – the thread referred in 1st para. is –

http://www.ifsqn.com...mprove-quality/

PPS – the top attachment again manages to avoid any discussion of the meaning of “quality”. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

This is very helpful to me - I have to explain to my board of ops why I think our ISO 9001 is useless without 22000 today.  :D

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

jorge999

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

Thanks indeed

Aggelos

Grade - Active