• Quick Navigation
Photo

COFFEE! Coffee drinker's poll and Coffee talk!

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Coffee Break! (15 member(s) have cast votes)

How many Cups of coffee do you typically drink in the morning (or through the day) at work?

1. 1 - 3 cups (Cup sized cups 8 oz or ~250ML/Cup) (11 votes [73.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.33%

2. 4 - 6 cups (Cup sized cups 8 oz or 250ML/Cup) (2 votes [13.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

3. 7 - 10 cups (Cup sized cups 8 oz or 250ML/Cup) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. 11+ cups (Cup sized cups 8 oz or 250ML/Cup) (1 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

5. None I don't drink Coffee... why am I on this poll anyhow? (1 votes [6.67%] - View)

Type of coffee you typically drink?

1. Regular or I Don't Know (7 votes [46.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

2. Light Roast (1 votes [6.67%] - View)

3. Dark Roast (4 votes [26.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

4. Anything I can get in my cup (2 votes [13.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

5. Self Roasted high quality beans - for the coffee afficionado :) (1 votes [6.67%] - View)

What additives do you use

1. Milk / Half and Half / Lightener / etc (11 votes [55.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

2. Sugar / Sugar Substitute / Sweetener / etc (6 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. Black and Bitter is the way to be! (we are talking coffee here) (3 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

4. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

While drinking... I think my 6th to 7th cup of coffee so far this morning I thought I'd lighten things up (no pun intended) with a poll on coffee drinkers... I mean come on we quality professionals need something to keep us going!

How much coffee do you drink?  What type (Light/Dark roast)? What do you put in it?

Personally I drink about a pot of dark roast in the morning... black... the only way to drink coffee in my opinion :rofl2:

Which is why I may seem kinda :silly:  sometimes

Ok back to work people! :spoton:

Edited by MerleW, 11 March 2014 - 05:52 PM.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

I'm strictly a tea girl, about 4 cups a day, white, no sugar!

Oh and I like Darjeeling or Ceylon best

Caz x

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

:off_topic:  Darn you Caz!!! This is coffee talk :sofa1:  :sofa_bricks:  lol  :lol2: .

More seriously when I wanted to lower my cholesterol a while ago in addition to things like exercising more one thing I did was to start drinking a rooibos tea because I heard a thing on the radio about different teas and what health effects they promoted.  One thing that a rooibos tea was supposed to be good for was balancing your cholesterol.  And I don't know what helped losing about 10 lbs, exercising more, or the tea but by the end of 3 months (my doctor wanted me on pills I told him to give me 3 months to fix it) my good cholesterol was up and my bad was down and both were in the proper range.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

Coffee is a hobby that is a bit out of control.  Now if we are going to discuss coffee, you need to change your roasts levels to include medium and roast based on the bean.   

I like to roast my own coffee and have about 200 pounds of green coffee beans in my collection.  The roast level should be based on the bean and what flavors you want to bring out in the bean. 

There are so many good coffees and once you have the good stuff.....its hard to drink the mediocre which is 90% of what is out there.  One of my favorites is Maui Mokka.  Roast it dark (Full City) not oily.  Let it sit for 3-4  days and then grind and drink.  OMG....smooth, dark, rich....its heaven. 

Harrar on a good year tastes of blueberries and apricots. 

I also like teas but again not the stuff you get in the grocery stores or in bags.  I like the loose leaf high quality fresh teas.  Early Grey, some of the fruited and green teas........heaven!

Ahhhh there is nothing quite like a good cup of coffee (or tea) and the time to savor it. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

I don't roast/grind my own beans but I will put up a category for you :)

Mr. Incognito

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Thank you!   Please tell me you don't drink.....Folgers or gasp.....Charbucks  :doh:

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

Folgers... lol But I drink the Black Silk which is their dark roast.

Mr. Incognito

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,599 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

I am weaning myself away from soda (pop) and find that I really like a good tea. Never developed the coffee habit.  I enjoy the smell, but the taste, not so much.

For teas, I like Darjeeling (which reminds me of an inappropiate line from Deadwood on HBO) and a good Chai.

-Setanta         

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

Folgers... lol But I drink the Black Silk which is their dark roast.

Oh myyyy that is just sad.  You really need some of the good stuff.  I always roasted my own, but this may be a good second choice. 

http://www.mauigrown...h--8/Detail.bok

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

I am weaning myself away from soda (pop) and find that I really like a good tea. Never developed the coffee habit.  I enjoy the smell, but the taste, not so much.

For teas, I like Darjeeling (which reminds me of an inappropiate line from Deadwood on HBO) and a good Chai.

Darjeeling is gooood too.  So many good teas.  I too confess I drink more soda than I should.  You might find that if you had some good coffee, that is not bitter and well roasted with some of the wonderful flavors it might be much more appealing.   I had one recently that tasted of apples and brown sugar undertones.   It was soooo good. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Shyguy77

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 120 posts
  • 62 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

I got hooked on drinking a little bit of coffee with my cup of sugar in the mornings when i was a teenager staying up all night to play video games err..... i mean studying. lol Usually about 2 cups gets me going.

Ive tried some teas but have never found that it really suits me, although some of the coffee and tea flavors listed above do sound really good.

Edited by jpredmore, 12 March 2014 - 10:47 AM.

RuiM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 58 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

MerleW and All,

Everyday I drink one, and only in the morning after breakfast... But I drink "Caffè espresso" (20 to 30 ml), without sugar or any kind of extras... Must be pure, just to feel the real flavour of coffe... :smile:

So no cups of 250ml in this side... (Imagine If i drink 250 ml of expresso...) :biggrin:

Rgds.

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

So no cups of 250ml in this side... (Imagine If i drink 250 ml of expresso...) :biggrin:

Rgds.

Actually espresso has less caffeine than drip or perked (which has some of the highest).  The steam pushes it through so fast that you get more of the coffee without the caffeine. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

RuiM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 58 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

Actually espresso has less caffeine than drip or perked (which has some of the highest).  The steam pushes it through so fast that you get more of the coffee without the caffeine. 

Ok, I feel that I have been misunderstood.

Let´s leave the scientific issue behind... I did not mean that the espresso have a hight level of caffeine! I just want to say that for someone like me, that drink only 20-30ml per day, drink a cup of 250ml is too much... (no matter what coffee, I mentioned espresso because is the only kind that I use). :smile:

I do not drink coffee to become more active or wake up in the morning, but it's just a tradition, and the flavour of coffee make me satisfied after eating, nothing more.

Rgds.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users