• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

Hi,

I'm putting together our Crisis Management / Emergency Action Plan / Business Contingency Plan (can't decide what I want to call it yet)  program, and I want a document that has an overhead picture of our factory with the places around it that might cause disasters.   Like the West Virigina water plant *should* have had.  It marks out rivers, railroads, and near by industrial buildings that could have problems that affect our process.  I'm not making it to meet any specific requirement, just to anyalze risks around us and prepare. 

I cna't for the life of me remember the title of this document.  Right now I'm calling it "Near-By Site Hazards" and "Environmental Food Defense Factor Analysis" and some other bullshit titles.  But I'm very curious to see what you guys call yours and steal a more professional and accurate sounding document title. 

-MM

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

I did a similar thing using Google Earth and marked off neighbouring businesses. Then I documented them all and gave a brief narrative of what each one did, and risk assessed  how it could impact on our business, both on a normal day to day basis, and in the event of a disaster.

I called my map and supporting documents "Environmental / Business Impact Risk Assessment"

Caz x

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

How about:

A Terrorists Guide to Planning an Attack on Your Facility

:off_topic: 

I worry about google earth, it's perfect for burglars allowing them to case joints from the comfort of their armchairs.  Big brother and little scroat are certainly watching you.

:back-on-topic-no-emoticon-available:

How about:

Locality (or neigbourhood) Food Security Risk Assessment

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

Simon - "Don't Panic" :rofl2:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Sandima

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 56 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

The answer is 42!  (I couldn't resist)

The map idea is awesome, I have to work on Security this year so i will add that type of assessment.

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

Beautiful - Thanks!   "Local Business and Environmetal Risk Assessment" for the win

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

+1 for the answer being 42... just sayin :doctor: (We don't have an Arthur Dent emoticon and seeing as the doctor does reference him... I say it works.)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users