Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Iceland
    Iceland

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

Not the supermarket chain in UK, the real one, the country up in the North Atlantic :)

I work in flexible packaging manufacturing company. I have several years of experience in my field.

I grew interest in food safety for some strange reason therefore I joined. It took me some months to say hello though :)

Iceland usually attracts attention and raise standard questions. Let me answer few of them here:

1. Iceland is cold, but not freezing cold all the time. Mild summers, cold winters.

2. We do not live in igloos.

3. We do not have polar bears.

4. We traditionally eat strange food like pickled lamb testicles, boiled sheep head, cured shark etc. 

Come and visit us, we like tourists.

Greetings from Iceland

Caglar

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,610 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

Welcome to the IFSQN forums!  I hope you get all of the information you need here.  There is quite a community also, just jump in.

Setanta

-Setanta         

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

Visiting sounds fun......except for the pickled lamb testicles and the boiled sheep head......but am sure there are many other wonderful things to eat.  :smile:

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

Not the supermarket chain in UK, the real one, the country up in the North Atlantic :)

I work in flexible packaging manufacturing company. I have several years of experience in my field.

I grew interest in food safety for some strange reason therefore I joined. It took me some months to say hello though :)

Iceland usually attracts attention and raise standard questions. Let me answer few of them here:

1. Iceland is cold, but not freezing cold all the time. Mild summers, cold winters.

2. We do not live in igloos.

3. We do not have polar bears.

4. We traditionally eat strange food like pickled lamb testicles, boiled sheep head, cured shark etc. 

Come and visit us, we like tourists.

Greetings from Iceland

Caglar

First I'd like to say - Yes it's strange to come to a sudden interest in food safety.  We are all strange people.  Personally I think life would be more easy and interesting if every once in a while I found a razor blade in my food :lol2:

Also I've been lucky enough to learn the maxim that Iceland is green and Greenland is ice... so I was ready for your next comment and didn't go into shock when you said that Iceland is not in fact covered in frozen liquid precipitation... that's what we have New York for... crappy snow and ice!!! :yikes:  (But luckily we are looking at 40's and 50's on the horizon and we only had 2 blizzards this year!)

I'm sorry you don't have polar bears they look so cute.  After I get a lynx for a pet (I like kitties and people in Texas always say bigger is better) I'm certainly going to look into getting a polar bear to ride during the winter.  I just need to stock up on small animals to feed it.

Igloos sound cool... but really I hate ice so why would I want to live in it.

I'm of Italian heritage so I typically like to eat strange food like Pizza and Pasta... a lot.  So if you eat yours and I eat mine we shouldn't run out anytime soon.

That all being said HI! :bye: Welcome to IFSQN.  Hopefully you find everything your looking for here and we look forward to you adding your knowledge and experience (and fun) to the community.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

EHowl

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

Hi Caglar!  You answered all my immediate questions regarding Iceland although I don't really believe #4.  I'll have to visit and discover the truth sometime.

Welcome to the forum!

jorge999

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

Hello and welcome!

Caglar

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Iceland
    Iceland

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:44 AM

First I'd like to say - Yes it's strange to come to a sudden interest in food safety.  We are all strange people.  Personally I think life would be more easy and interesting if every once in a while I found a razor blade in my food :lol2:

You know I was being sarcastic right? :lol 

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

Ask Simon about me... about 3/4 of what I say is joking.  I like to only be serious in small bursts.

:shades:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

My boy's are visiting Iceland next year on a school trip.

I'll tell them about the Icelandic fast food menu. :smile:

:welcome:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:58 PM