- - - - -

Aysegul

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 29 December 2005 - 04:03 PM

I am Lead Assessor of BRC. I had permission realize audits according to IFS ver 3 until new version is printed, then I did not have exam for IFS and now I am only BRC auditor. I know both stndard more or less have the same requirements. According to my opinion it was not logical quite similiar standards are available in EU. It is very interesting. In Turkey, lots of company complain due to have a pressure IFS cert from German retailers and BRC cert for british retailers. Their costs are very high for Turkish food companies.I would like to know why EU companies arrange unique standard?

My second question related with IFS requirement of Fresh fruits packer.

In Turkey at the moment most of fresh fruits packers have contracted farmer ( they have eurep gap cert. ) and/or their own fields ( have eurep gap cert. too ). The main risks are on the field and they are under the control via eurep gap best practice applications in the fields. After harvesting the fruits are coming to factory is only packaging ( there is only very simple physical operation, there is no process, nothing ).For the type of operation, IFS standard is much and N/A for most of questions. Instead of IFS packaging operation can be covered in eurep gap applications? It would be more applicable and logical for the type of producers? What do you think for the producers. they have really very difficulties to go into IFS standard and expensive and their workers are seasonal workers heavily, so not comply most of standard questions because of that reason, on the other hand critical points are on the field? Can suggest for the companies for best way into certification process.? How they can persuade their customers in eurep IFS standard is very complicated for them?

Could you please put your opinions

Thank you very much

Ayşegül

petegilmartin

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 29 December 2005 - 04:35 PM

Hi Aysequl,

Welcome to the world of legislation!! I can appreciate that there is a tremendous amount of pressure on small businesses to attain accreditation and keep all the auditors happy. However, it is a necessary evil in order to compete in the food business now. I agree that it is a bit much to have two different standards doing virtually the same thing. Surely if you have one it should be enough! :dunno:

After all, I learned to drive in the UK but my licence allows me to drive in other countries. I did not have to take another test.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,836 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:48 PM

Hi Aysequl,
After all, I learned to drive in the UK but my licence allows me to drive in other countries. I did not have to take another test.

:clap:

It could only happen in the EU; they're a load of self serving bureaucrats the lot of them and its poor old business that pays the price. I know its nonsense Aysegul but unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about it. Until the relevant clods from the various sects get together in the name of commonsense you must follow what the market and your customers require.

Simon

Edited by Simon Timperley, 29 December 2005 - 07:49 PM.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users