• Quick Navigation
Photo

Difference between a confirmed required result and a validated result?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Tora14

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

I understand validating, as in edition 6. I have read that validating, in 7.1, refers to only critical limits. However, what does the 7.1 code (section 2.5.2.1i) mean when it says "confirm" as in "Pre-requisite programs are confirmed to ensure they achieve the required result"? Can anyone give an example of "confirming " achieving the required result"? What is the difference between a confirmed required result and a validated one?

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 119 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

This is my understanding:

Monitoring     Someone is checking and recording their observations.

Verifying        Someone else is checking that the monitoring was done.

Validating      Trend analysis to show you are still conforming to requirements.

Pest Control PRP for example, (1)  someone is checking to see that pest traps are working and records results,  (2)  someone else verifies that the traps are being checked per the PRP, (3) validating would show that no pests are making it past your control points for the last several months, year or whatever.  This is basically what our SQF auditor was looking for when we had our first round of audits.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

I understand validating, as in edition 6. I have read that validating, in 7.1, refers to only critical limits. However, what does the 7.1 code (section 2.5.2.1i) mean when it says "confirm" as in "Pre-requisite programs are confirmed to ensure they achieve the required result"? Can anyone give an example of "confirming " achieving the required result"? What is the difference between a confirmed required result and a validated one?

I haven't ventured into the SQF context of yr OP but, semantically, i predict that "confirm" means verify, as in Va/Ve.

Now the multitude of  SQF experts here can confound and astound me. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

esquef

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 374 posts
  • 235 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

Basically in SQF-Land validation is proving that what you are doing is working and effective and verification is proving that you are doing what you say you are doing.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users