"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

Good morning everyone (for whom it's still morning)

I'm going to be pitching changing the training requirements this month to Corporate and wanted to get thoughts from the collective.

Right now we train everyone on every section of the FSSC/TS Code... I believe this is way too much training.  We have training every month on a few major sections of the code and really it doesn't seem to stick to me seeing as we are throwing so much information out.

Now I'm trying to pair down the training to what we need to train so we have less training to perform and we don't have to bore everyone with things like Management Review...

I know everyone should be trained in:

GMPs

Allergens
Hold/Recall/Rework
Control Measures - HACCP lite training

Cleaning / Sanitation

Management should be trained in:

Management Review

Internal Auditors should be trained in:

Internal Auditing

Maintenance should be trained in:

PM's

Corrective Maintenance (including intrusive maintenance)

We are a pretty low risk food product but I want to make sure the actual appropriate training is presented without the extra stuff that doesn't really need to be trained.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Mr I.

(I should be Mr. E because I'm a Mystery muhahahaha :roflmao: )

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:32 AM

:dunno: I love training.  They should know it all so I never have to work on anything but making sure they know it all, and spending time responding to healthy customers who love our product.  Maybe make training more fun?  Make them stand up.  Make them talk.  Make them do the thing you're training them on.

Once a month is about right, I do those and PRP reporting, Hand washing/Hygiene, Audits (Why we have them, be honest & do your job how you do it every day, etc). 

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:36 AM

Hi Mr. I,

All personnel do not need to be trained in all aspects of your FSMS and your thoughts are along the right lines.

I find the best way to plan training is using a training matrix which identifies who needs training in what etc.

Attached File  Training Matrix.jpg   185.14KB   9 downloads

Regards,

Tony

Edited by Tony-C, 06 May 2014 - 05:41 AM.

freeromios

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:23 PM

A proper training needs analysis will greatly facilitate your work.

Try using questionnaires and other available methods to establish employees' training needs.

trubertq

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 281 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

Use your flow diagrams and go through your process step by step , work out who does what, and what do they need to know to carry out a particular task.

Make sure you have people explicitly trained on CCPs and have a few people trained on these in the event of someone being missing.

Some General training is carried out with everyone but  not everyone needs to be trained on all SOPs for example.

A training matrix is the way to go ....

I'm entitled to my opinion, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:44 PM

I understand your question Mr. I. I struggled a bit with this when I converted to SQF from BRC (unfortunately I can't help with FSSC 22000). Why don't they just make a training section that states Training1.2.3 and define every subject that needs to be covered.

1.2.3.1 The following Training Subjects shall be covered

1. GMPsCleaning
  2. Allergens
  3. Hold/Recall/Rework
  4. Control Measures - HACCP lite training (obviously this is where it would be unique to each persons facility as other subjects but at least it gives you the idea)
  5. Specifications
  6. etc.etc.etc

This would take the guessing game out of everything and have all training in a central location rather than piecing it off from the entire code. But then "Finding Waldo" would be out of a job.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FSSC, Training

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users