• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

Hi all

This is my first attempt at BRC for packaging so I am finding it interesting and overwhelming at times. My question is on blade register regarding the production floor. Our operators have individual colour coded knifes however on the floor we have a granulator or grinder that chews and granulates side trims of the sheet we are making. Its internal workings are of a cyclindrical drum with industrial blades that break the material down . How do I blade control this?

Kind Regards

gazzatheman

Thanked by 1 Member:

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

Inspection and replacement procedure?  Make sure that it's inspected regularly for any deterioration I would guess.  I don't know BRC but I think it would make sense in v/s any food safety standard.

The reason you want to have a blade control policy is to make sure they are clean and not chipped (blades entering your product)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users