Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

I am trying to create a HACCP plan for one of our other buildings within our company.  This other building is a cold storage facility.  Normally, a HACCP plan wouldn't be required, but because their customer is requesting that they have one & become SQF certified, then they need one.  I am lost as to how to go about this.  What process category do I put in there? Do I have to have multiple HACCP plans since they store multiple types of products?  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thank you!

jel

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 33 thanks
Good

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

I am trying to create a HACCP plan for one of our other buildings within our company.  This other building is a cold storage facility.  Normally, a HACCP plan wouldn't be required, but because their customer is requesting that they have one & become SQF certified, then they need one.  I am lost as to how to go about this.  What process category do I put in there? Do I have to have multiple HACCP plans since they store multiple types of products?  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thank you!

Do not forget that HACCP is a specific form of risk management. If your new building is for  cold storage, you have inherent hazards associated with the storage itself, such as expirations dates, temperature maintenance, access control, allergen management, maintenance, etc. I mean, you have to do is list all your dangers, categorize them according to their associated risk, and establish appropriate control measures. Obviously, you have to develop appropriate prerequisites

CaliforniaFS

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 122 posts
  • 20 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

Are you having trouble figuring out what to point out as a hazard?

Product receiving can have contaminants.... 

Receiving truck- Sanitary, temperature?

Cold storage rooms cleaned/sanitized

Pest Control

Temperature Control

Dharmadi Sadeli Putra

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 161 posts
  • 26 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

Nicks,

IMO, what we do in CS are loading, un-loading and storing at freezing temperature. Each of them have their own hazard risk (depend on product type/characteristic). For examples, time and temperature abuse during loading/un-loading may cause microbial growth. Allergen hazard have to be considered when multiple products are stored in the same room

Avila

Thanked by 1 Member:

makkawi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Sudan
    Sudan

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

HSOP
Temperature Control

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

Dear B.Nicks,

I presume by cold storage you mean -18degC or colder

Normally, a HACCP plan wouldn't be required, but because their customer is requesting that they have one & become SQF certified, then they need one

SQF certified with respect to what ? the process ? the cold store ? both ?

Does SQF have a standard specifically for cold storages ? i couldn't see one. (BRC does of course).

One wonders what yr process is ? Selling retail from CS only ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:23 AM

Hi B.Nicks,

There are general controls that should be in place such as storage protocols, temperature and environment.

It would be useful to know the range of products if you want specific advice.

Regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users