• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

Hello:

I work for a BRC A rated bakery in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.  I am looking for a place to discuss BRC related issues and strategies and was wondering if there were many Canadian contributors to these forums?  If not is there another forum that might be better for Canadian Food Safety discussions?

Thanks for the help,

Ken

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:12 PM

Welcome!  There are many well versed, smart BRC people here from all over the world including Canada.  Who is around at any given time can vary. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:48 AM

Hi Ken, BRC is a global standard and the challenges faced implementing, maintaining and improving FSMS is the same the world over.

If you have a question just post it in the BRC forum and I'm sure you'll get a great response.

:welcome:

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

Even for country specific requests some of the well versed members will start searching your countries websites looking for the answers.  Charles is one I've seen time and time again doing this.  I try to help out as well though I do not have any BRC experience and my Canada experience was mainly in College because I grew up about 35 minutes from the border... and the legal drinking / gambling age was lower :shades: .

But on the more serious side of life as Simon said ask your questions and we will help you as much as possible.  Even though many of us may have not worked directly with BRC many items in food safety standards are very comparable.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Jim E.

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 25 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Sports of course.
    Food safety for all things eaten not just what we make.
    Being able to see my kids grow up in healthy environment.

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:16 PM

What is said above I must concur with.  I have taken advice from many folks on here when it came to BRC needs and wants as they are the same everywhere. :spoton:

Ken Mo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

I would like to post regarding a job located in Mississauga, Ontario.  Can it be done via the "jobs" section of IFSQN?  It didn't seem to like that I don't have a "zip code".

Thanks,

Ken

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users