Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

Anyone else outhere have a tissue issue?  We manufacture frozen dough, therefore, it is COLD :yikes:in our packaging area.  I am currently fighting with the staff about the fact that they cannot have tissue in the packaging area.  They say the cold make thier noses run.  Ok, I get that.  We do not have a hand washing sink (and could not have one) in that area.  Therefore, I have told them if they need to blow thier noses they have to walk across the plant go to the bathroom or breakroom, blow thier nose, wash thier hands, get new gloves and return to packaging.  Has anyone else come across this situation?  I do not feel that hand sanitizer is good enough after blowing your nose....I am frustrated going round and round on this issue!! HELP!!!

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:26 PM

Have you tried the flat ear loop face masks?  They will sometimes provide a bit of protection from the cold and noses will not run quite as much. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

ShannonH

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

Never even thought of that, thank you at least it is something to look at as a possible solution.

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,596 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

We work in refrigerated and frozen rooms, also.

We have the tissues set up in areas just off the production floor. And yes, they must leave the production area, sneeze, wipe, blow, etc and wash their hands, get new gloves, etc.

I have found that this is especially bad in new hires and that after a while, people get more acclimatized to the work area, it gets better.

Setanta

-Setanta         

djfitz1231

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:50 PM

Could you put a foyer up outside of the cold packing area? We have two cold rooms in our facility and we built a foyer entrance into each room. In the foyers we have hand sinks, paper towels, soap, etc. so that our employees can just step out of the room and blow their noses, wash and put on fresh gloves, etc. and return to work with out having to walk through the entire plant and waste a lot more time.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users