Hi..We are level 3/7.2 and were asked to do Traceability (foreward and backward) exercise during the audit similar to a mock recall and I think it is mandatory for the audit.
(sqf Guidance 7.2)(2.6.3 auditing guidance)
The recall and withdrawal procedure shall be reviewed initially at the desk audit and compliance to this requirement by observation, interviews with recall committee, and review of actual/mock recall records at each facility audit. The SQF auditor shall review the annual test of the recall and withdrawal system, and corrective actions taken as a result of the test.
Evidence may include:
• A recall committee is established and all members understand their roles and responsibility;
• The methods and responsibilities for notifying customers, SQFI, the certification body, regulators
and other essential bodies are identified;
• The recall/withdrawal system has been tested annually;
• The recall/withdrawal system meets regulatory and customer requirements;
• Communication has been tested during an actual or test recall;
• Investigations into the cause of actual recalls/withdrawals have been conducted;
• Corrective actions have been taken on identified deficiencies in the recall/withdrawal (refer 2.5.5).
As per above, traceability / mock recall can IMO only be described as “dissimilar”, theoretically and practically. i expect the situation for SQF mock recall has already been discussed here (somewhere), probably with forms included from memory. The usual parameters are completeness / time taken.
Or, as noted, maybe it is auditor's choice.
Rgds / Charles.C