• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India
  • Interests:Movies, Surfing

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

Please let me know in details about OPRP,PRP & CCP. I am going to implement it in our plant which manufacture Liquor (IMFL). I want to have clear knowledge about this. Your help in this regard will be highly thankful.

Regards

Premananda Singh

+91-8811025586

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

Please let me know in details about OPRP,PRP & CCP. I am going to implement it in our plant which manufacture Liquor (IMFL). I want to have clear knowledge about this. Your help in this regard will be highly thankful.

Dear Premananda Singh,

I assume you have copies of the ISO22000 standard  and Guidance document ISO22004.

These contain the definitions, interpretations and applications of the items you mention.

For further information I suggest you try thread below and the included sub-links -

http://www.ifsqn.com...n-ccp-prp-oprp/

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Philips

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 49 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya
  • Interests:Reading, sharing with other professionals,driving and a humble drinker

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:58 AM

Okey, lets start here;

PRP - This are basic facility and personnel requirements that support food safety aspects in an organization. They are supposed to be in place before commencement of food / food packaging production and be monitored and maintained throughout the processing period. In their absence basic food safety hazards will not have been controlled that is to say, your end product will be at a high risk of being contaminated. E.G. Hand washing facilities which are sufficiently equipped, pest control programs that are effective, cleaning and sanitation programs that are adequately facilitated etc.

OPRP - This will be determined by your production processes, equipments design, etc, for instance if in your processing equipments, there are magnets that ensure / control the likelihood of introduction of metal particles at that processes by design of the equipment, this is an OPRP. However if at the end of your process there is a metal detector that will ensure that no metal particle has been introduced into your product and the product is hazard free at time of dispatch, this is a CCP.

CCP - This is a point at which hazards / specific hazards could not have been eliminated through application of PRPs and OPRPs thus become essential at that point that controls have to be applied to prevent / eliminate such hazards, e.g. Treatment using UV Lights to eliminate biological contaminants that would have been introduced during manufacturing and handling and at that point you want to assure that no microbial hazards are present.I THINK THIS COULD SHED MORE LIGHT 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

Okey, lets start here;

PRP - This are basic facility and personnel requirements that support food safety aspects in an organization. They are supposed to be in place before commencement of food / food packaging production and be monitored and maintained throughout the processing period. In their absence basic food safety hazards will not have been controlled that is to say, your end product will be at a high risk of being contaminated. E.G. Hand washing facilities which are sufficiently equipped, pest control programs that are effective, cleaning and sanitation programs that are adequately facilitated etc.

OPRP - This will be determined by your production processes, equipments design, etc, for instance if in your processing equipments, there are magnets that ensure / control the likelihood of introduction of metal particles at that processes by design of the equipment, this is an OPRP. However if at the end of your process there is a metal detector that will ensure that no metal particle has been introduced into your product and the product is hazard free at time of dispatch, this is a CCP.

CCP - This is a point at which hazards / specific hazards could not have been eliminated through application of PRPs and OPRPs thus become essential at that point that controls have to be applied to prevent / eliminate such hazards, e.g. Treatment using UV Lights to eliminate biological contaminants that would have been introduced during manufacturing and handling and at that point you want to assure that no microbial hazards are present.I THINK THIS COULD SHED MORE LIGHT 

Dear Philips,

I assume the OP is referring to iso22000 / fssc22000.

In most current contexts, the choice of PRPs is probably / definitely likely to be defined through iso22002-1 (for food).

The items OPRP and CCP similarly require to be explained within the context of iso22000 or fssc22000. Sorry if i have misunderstood yr post but I don't think you have done this.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users