• Quick Navigation
Photo

Who to contact for product recall on exports to the USA from Canada?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

SuperP

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:09 AM

Hello dear all,

Could anyone please explain to me what has to be done in the case of product recall that was exported to the USA from Canada. Who should be contacted at the first CFIA or FDA? or Do I need to include FDA contact in my recall procedure.

Thank you.

SuperP

Myusername

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 48 posts
  • 14 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:38 PM

when you have a recall contact CFIA first, they will have a recall co-ordinator by area
here is the link directly to the contact list: http://www.inspectio...0/1300378289195

I contacted our recall coordinator by area and she agreed, cfia should be contacted first and they can assist. Also contact your Certifying body, their good name is at stake as well so they are #2 to contact... but its not a bad Idea to have fda's number somewhere handy.
toodles

SuperP

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

when you have a recall contact CFIA first, they will have a recall co-ordinator by area
here is the link directly to the contact list: http://www.inspectio...0/1300378289195

I contacted our recall coordinator by area and she agreed, cfia should be contacted first and they can assist. Also contact your Certifying body, their good name is at stake as well so they are #2 to contact... but its not a bad Idea to have fda's number somewhere handy.
toodles

Thanks Myusername! I already have CFIA contact list, CB and SQF in my recall procedure. My question is: Is it required from us to contact FDA directly in the case of recall? I can not find clear information about that.

Thank you.

SuperP

SpursGirl

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 117 posts
  • 83 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:24 PM

Hi

As the other poster indicated you do not need to contact the FDA directly. For products manufactured in Canada and exported to the USA the process for recall is to contact the CFIA who would then co-ordinate with the FDA office who then may or may not contact you directly.

S

Myusername

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 48 posts
  • 14 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

Thanks spursgirl, this is what I should have said

Share this