• Quick Navigation
Photo

Temperature recording frequency of incoming goods?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
- - - - -

jorge999

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:46 AM

Could I have opinions please? Currently in conversation with a colleague at branch of the same company overseas regarding the recording of incoming goods deliveries. This step is NOT deemd a CCP within the overall process - it is governed by a PRP as a CP. He maintains that it enough to record the temperature of refrigerated goods (chilled and frozen) on the delivery paperwork and file this paperwork for 3 years and that will suffice as a record which will pass audit checks.

Business is food wholesaling and distribution only - my feeling is that there should be a separate record (form) completed which shows temperature as well as visual/odour checks. Currently these three checks are only recorded on a spot-check basis.

How does everyone else record the incoming goods process and what frequency/method is used? Examples would be appreciated please

Feddis

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

Risk Analysis based on product category and supplier performance.

However would expect minimum 1 product surface reading per delivery

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

Is the delivery paperwork your own form or is he suggesting to write it on the received BOL?

You can record the incoming temperature and file it as a control point (CP) and not have it be a CCP as long as it's properly identified through a risk analysis (as stated above) in your HACCP plan.

It would be good to have it on your own receiving paperwork, that I suspect would include an inspection of the truck that had the materials you received, and have the allowed temperature range so that the receiver has the temperatures there for him/her to see right there.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

jtrue

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:17 PM

We document the temperature of every product that is refrigerated or frozen on our receiving log. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:46 PM

Dear Jorge,

If, by frequency, you mean how many sampling points/measurements, it depends on the presentation/variation of temperature within the vehicle. Usually the answer will be > 1

Regarding method, this depends on the presentation, eg packing/vehicle of the product to be assessed.

It might also depend on the identity of the goods.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

jorge999

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:52 PM

Thanks for the replies - they more or less confirm what I already thought. 

How about methods of recording both temperature and also physical checks? What are the recording methods other people use? Is it a unique form - min. 1 entry per delivery received - or another method? Sample forms gratefully received

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for the replies - they more or less confirm what I already thought. 

How about methods of recording both temperature and also physical checks? What are the recording methods other people use? Is it a unique form - min. 1 entry per delivery received - or another method? Sample forms gratefully received

Please see my previous post. > Context.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

jorge999

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:15 PM

Sorry Charles, I didn't make myself clear - by method of recording, I meant whether it be the completion of a form or perhaps by electronic input to a suitable piece of software, not the actual method of displaying temperature or sampling rate.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users