• IFSQN Member
  • 55 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:46 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am asking for your help if you have some references either it is from website or sample  record/document to share regarding the CLEANING OF CLEANING MATERIALS/SUPPLIES used to cleaned food contact utilities and equipments where foods are being processed.

If you have any, can you please give me the site or sample template of the MASTER CLEANING SCHEDULE FOR CLEANING SUPPLIES/MATERIALS and CLEANING RECORD to ensure that the cleaning tools are clean hygienetically.

Our company is currently searching for the best system to implement in maintaining HACCP system controls especially the pre-requisite program prior to HACCP system.

Hope you could give me feedback once you have received and read my email.

Thank you and God bless

- Christine Cortuna

QA from Rebisco

vici76

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:51 PM

sorry I don't have any to offer at the moment as I am working on a similar thing. its surprising how many places don't have this.  I bet many people are looking it up now too

RMAV

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 407 posts
  • 122 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:QA, Micro, Sanitation;
    Meats, Juice, Condiments;
    SQF, Audit, and aviation

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:18 PM

QAD_Rebisco (Christine),

What kinds of foods do you process?  Risks specific to your facility have bearing on your cleaning of cleaning equipment needs.

For example, in two different facilities I dealt with sanitation, we had a floor-scrubber machine.  In one facility it could be used anywhere.  In the other facility, the machine could be used nowhere products were manufactured, packaged or stored (offices only).  In the former, there was an effective cleaning procedure (reduced risk to acceptable levels).  In the latter, an RTE meat facility, no practical amount of cleaning could reduce risks to an acceptable level.

QAD_Rebisco

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 55 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:57 PM

QAD_Rebisco (Christine),

What kinds of foods do you process?  Risks specific to your facility have bearing on your cleaning of cleaning equipment needs.

For example, in two different facilities I dealt with sanitation, we had a floor-scrubber machine.  In one facility it could be used anywhere.  In the other facility, the machine could be used nowhere products were manufactured, packaged or stored (offices only).  In the former, there was an effective cleaning procedure (reduced risk to acceptable levels).  In the latter, an RTE meat facility, no practical amount of cleaning could reduce risks to an acceptable level.

our company processed dry and soft foods such as biscuit, cakes, rolled wafers and chocolates (choco mucho). My concern is that we have cleaning tools used for cleaning food contact utilities but we dont have a SSOP system place for cleaning the cleaning tools (e.g. nylon broom, mop) used for cleaning food contact utilities.

So i've ask for your help if you have any references that i may used for reference.

Thank you

MCIAN

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 100 posts
  • 41 thanks
Good

• Philippines
    Philippines
  • Interests:Law of attraction & Meditation

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:36 AM

Hi Kabayan!

Wash them with detergent, then soak in 250-350 ppm of chlorine solution for at least 30 minutes, rinse, and hang to dry. 

Hope this helps.

Regards.

:mwah:

markjoelangeles

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Arab Emirates
    United Arab Emirates

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

is it ok to have a designated area for cleaning of cleaning materials and just wash it with hot water?  we are in food packaging.

clarizza

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 21 September 2019 - 07:29 AM

Hello! I am also wondering how to clean these cleaning materials. Current practice of our sanitation team is soaking in hot water for 2 minutes then soak in chlorine-based sanitizer (i am not sure of the concentration) for a few minutes. Our products are baked goods. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 22 September 2019 - 07:32 AM

Hello! I am also wondering how to clean these cleaning materials. Current practice of our sanitation team is soaking in hot water for 2 minutes then soak in chlorine-based sanitizer (i am not sure of the concentration) for a few minutes. Our products are baked goods. 

Do some ATP swabbing / micro testing to find out.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

clarizza

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:43 PM

Do some ATP swabbing / micro testing to find out.

Yes we actually did validate just recently and the results were satisfactory. APC and coliforms wete <10 CFU. So I was wondering if we have to do this on a routine basis just to check if sanitation personnel are really sanitizing these cleaning materials appropriately.

Edited by clarizza, 22 September 2019 - 01:48 PM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:03 PM

Yes we actually did validate just recently and the results were satisfactory. APC and coliforms wete <10 CFU. So I was wondering if we have to do this on a routine basis just to check if sanitation personnel are really sanitizing these cleaning materials appropriately.

< 10cfu per ??

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

clarizza

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:07 PM

Cfu/cm2 :) sorry for the confusion.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:14 AM

Cfu/cm2 :) sorry for the confusion.

Hi clarizza,

Thks for clarification.

I presume you mean yr APC data is like 3, 7, 9 cfu/cm2 rather than undetected (= <10).

It may relate to what yr data actually refers to, eg micro. methodology, target surface, but in a "general way" yr APC result is low.

You may compare yr data to this compilation -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ces/#entry60958

The routine requirement may relate to yr FS standard (if any) / implemented EMPG monitoring procedure.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

clarizza

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:48 AM

Hi Charles!

Thank you for the comprehensive comparison of FCS standards. I was wondering if our formula for getting CFU/cm2 is right.

CFU/cm2= (CFU/ml obtained from the swab) x volume of swab diluent/ surface area(cm^2)

Again thanks for the compilation! 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users