• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:56 PM

Hi All, 

Quick question i was asked and I was wondering could someone help me out - aside from the obvious what is the importance of audit scheduling and preparation for the audit life cycle. 

Thank - any help appreciated. 

michaelgaspard

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Mauritius
    Mauritius

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:55 PM

Hi Tom,

i think that we all need an audit plan with a well defined scope, if internal audit we need to schedule and plan where we will audit according to our risk assessment, and the most sensitive areas, to be audited more frequent, so if you are scheduling, it is you are planning, and ''FAILING TO PLAN IS PLANNING TO FAIL''  :smile:,

I THINK THAT QUALITY NEED TO BE IMPLEMENTED AND MAINTAINED, SO preparing your audit life cycle is to maintain standard level along the life cycle,

hope this can help,

kind regards,

Michael G 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:05 PM

The way I have set up my internal audits for my FSMS based on the sections of code from the FFSC 22000 scheme on a tentative 12 month cycle to ensure each section of code is audited every month.  I made it a tentative schedule so that we have the option to put one off a month or two in the event one of the auditors has a lot going on and can't get them all done exactly on time or it's a big section and they need extra time to finish it.  We are a small company and as such only have 5 auditors. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:38 AM

Hi All, 

Quick question i was asked and I was wondering could someone help me out - aside from the obvious what is the importance of audit scheduling and preparation for the audit life cycle. 

Thank - any help appreciated. 

Hi Tom

Fundamentally all of the FSMS should be covered by internal audits at least once per year by competent independent auditors.

Most standards require auditing to be carried out based on risk, so that higher risk areas are covered more frequently.

Attached File  Audit Schedule Based on Risk 2.png   414.75KB   8 downloads

Attached File  Audit Schedule Based on Risk.png   544.68KB   3 downloads

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 2 Members:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users