• 9 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:16 PM

Hi guys,

Really need help with that one,

I am working in protein company, where we are using blenders, fillers and hoppers to mix and pack the dry powder proteins.

My question is, how do I work out how often to clean the machines? Obviously the less they are cleaned the better due to saving money on the chemicals, swabs etc, but what is the process, and what is the best way of cleaning when working with protein powders, surely not a dry clean due to the high count on the micro.

Thank you in advance guys!

AS NUR

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 582 posts
  • 60 thanks
Neutral

• Indonesia
    Indonesia

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:52 AM

did you try to using vaccum cleaner?

vladislavdanchev

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:28 PM

Ha, yeah but if you don't use detergent and then sanitizer after you vacuumed the micro results will be horrendous afterwords.

Any good suggestions???

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:25 PM

Dear vladislavdanchev,

So what is yr micro. standard for the machine surfaces ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

vladislavdanchev

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:01 AM

Hi Charles,

We are using Hygiena ATP reader, and the tresholds are set up to the recomended values of 10RLU lower and 25RLU upper.

When using vacuum to clean the equipment and then just sani-wipes, the numbers are well above the 150RLU - 200RLU.

Thanks in advance

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:15 AM

Hi Charles,

We are using Hygiena ATP reader, and the tresholds are set up to the recomended values of 10RLU lower and 25RLU upper.

When using vacuum to clean the equipment and then just sani-wipes, the numbers are well above the 150RLU - 200RLU.

Thanks in advance

Dear vladislavdanchev,

This is not a micro.standard.

How have you validated the Hygiena values ?, eg what is yr baseline, have you compared the levels to micro.data, eyes?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

vladislavdanchev

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:06 PM

Hi Charles,
I have made a massive mistake thinking that the ATP data was something to do with the micro :-).
The hygiena values i just copied from the hygiena Recomendations. And not sure what you mean about the baseline and the comparison with the micro and eyes? Is it the TVC ?
I would appreciate if you could be more specific, and explain it to me step by step as i am new to the QA and hygiene.
Thank you

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:30 AM

Hi Charles,
I have made a massive mistake thinking that the ATP data was something to do with the micro :-).
The hygiena values i just copied from the hygiena Recomendations. And not sure what you mean about the baseline and the comparison with the micro and eyes? Is it the TVC ?
I would appreciate if you could be more specific, and explain it to me step by step as i am new to the QA and hygiene.
Thank you

Dear Vladislavdanchev,

By baseline I meant the ATP procedure whereby you establish if the manufacturer’s ATP decision levels are appropriate to your system. I think most manufacturer’s include this aspect within their documentation. One method to evaluate the usefulness is on a visual (eyes :smile: ) basis of the surface. And, yes, you’re correct that TVC is involved.

ATP vs micro. for assessing “cleanliness” is a large / popular topic, ie how to define a clean surface.?

From a purely FS POV, Cleanliness, IMO, logically implies micro.data unless other methods such as ATP can be correlated accordingly, ie validation.

On the other hand, if simply targetting “Cleanliness” as  perhaps defined  by low levels of  (organic matter + “micro”,[usually, i think, OM >> micro.]), methods based on ATP are certainly a lot faster.

In practice there is a variety of  opinions / usage / expectations. It may also depend on factors like product/process/standard/time/cost/lab.availability.

I suggest you initially look at these posts / included attachments –

http://www.ifsqn.com...son/#entry33440

(ATP methodology/characteristics)

http://www.ifsqn.com...ing/#entry62288

(validation)

http://www.ifsqn.com...ces/#entry60958

(cleanliness defined via micro.data)

Attached File  Comparison atp and micro. swabbing ca 2003.pdf   137.72KB   39 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users