• Quick Navigation
Photo

Safety, heat resistance and shatterproof-ness of wired glass?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Dr Vu

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 235 posts
  • 51 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Action movies...

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:14 PM

I am doing a validation

Is there literature I can lay my hands on regarding the safety, heat resistance and shatterproof-ness of wired glass?

Can anyone assist.

I tried to post this question a week ago  but I cant locate it now(   maybe I didn't post  )

A vu in time , saves nine

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:00 PM

Dr Vu, if this is for glass that you already have installed, that the manufacturer of the glass would have specifications for the glass which show the standard (ANSI, NFPA, etc) that it conforms to.  I checked one supplier of glass and they had the specs for a particular type on their web site.  You would need to know what kind of glass is installed.  I would think that compliance to an accepted standard would be validation enough.

For glass that you want to use, just match the type of glass by specifications to what you need.

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users