Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:31 PM

Looking for any advice in a Software/ Program to manage Corrective/ preventive Actions. Currently using excel Log and  forms, which make this system  time consuming and so manual when reviewing trends.

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:45 PM

:welcome: !     I too would like to hear from people who have used these systems, not just who makes the systems. 

Edited by Snookie, 21 November 2014 - 07:19 PM.

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Thanked by 1 Member:

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

My company was using something called Manufacturing Line Optimization which was more of a lean program but as it turned out, it made really good reports for RCA's, recording minutes, reporting quality issues, made accountability very transparent. It's a big program that involves a lot of $$$ and again, like all new programs, needs people's buy in.

Thanked by 1 Member:

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

btw :welcome: Tolson

Thanked by 1 Member:

it_rains_inside

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 99 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:38 PM

We are currently using excel spreadsheets and word documents for corrective actions documents, but our company is (*hopefully*) getting ready to dive into an EPR system called PLEX - they are SaaS - cloud based ERP system that also has a quality/compliance module. 

Its probably big $$$ and a huge overhaul - probably not what you are looking for, but I haven't really shopped around for any other services / software. I will keep my eyes open for you though!

Welcome aboard!

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be"

-Wayne W. Dyer

Thanked by 1 Member:

Chris.Smith-IPS

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:56 AM

You have 2 options - 1 is buying something off the shelf QPulse is one that I know of.  Downside of this is you are stuck with a standard package that might not do what you want it to.  However if you are prepared to put a little effort in, learn a little about databases and write your own - its easier than you think.  Of course you could buy that resource in but the best bit is the learning and additional skill set you develop.

Typically from nothing, you could have something functional within a week or so. 

Quite happy to help if you get stuck.

Dood

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 23 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:42 AM

You have 2 options - 1 is buying something off the shelf QPulse is one that I know of.  Downside of this is you are stuck with a standard package that might not do what you want it to.  However if you are prepared to put a little effort in, learn a little about databases and write your own - its easier than you think.  Of course you could buy that resource in but the best bit is the learning and additional skill set you develop.

Typically from nothing, you could have something functional within a week or so. 

Quite happy to help if you get stuck.

I second the development of an access based System, our site currently has one which was developed by the previous Technical Manager, which has stock control, CA and NC subsets to name but a few.

Since I've started I've learnt quite a bit of Access VBA to make our own Works Order system for the proactive maintenance jobs. A system for logging and flagging calibration certificates, Approvals, supplier reviews.

I also dabble in Excel to produce forms for production to fill in where it'll flag missing data, and also email complied data straight to myself and other Managers. So if there are deviations we can act faster without having to trawl through loads of paperwork to find initial faults.

It's made my life that little bit easier. 

Once you learn some basic VBA and form creation, you'll think of more ways to bring in automation to your current document sets.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users