Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Sweden
    Sweden

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:27 AM

Had an KO for not using approved internal auditor for IFS logistics. We used an BRC auditor since this would be second best and BRC is more common here in Sweden. We could use someone from Germany, but next possibility would be in march. Standard says that internal auditor should have good knowledge about IFS..........

I have been talking to several auditing bodies in Sweden that used to do IFS foods, but they all do BRC nowadays since requirements from IFS is that they are not allowed doing competitive standards.

Most of our clients are in europe and  we have no choice going for anything else but IFS. Anyone out there who knows qualified people in scandinavia?

Madam A. D-tor

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 644 posts
  • 230 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands
  • Interests:meat, meat products, ready to eat, food safety, QMS, audits, hazard analyses, IFS, BRC, SQF, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

A KO for internal auditing by a internal auditor not knowing the standard??

I would have fight that one!

The KO requirement does not say anything about the internal auditor should have knowledge about IFS standards. Of course this is logical. It is hard to audit against a standard, if you do not understand the standard. However I would believe a BRC S&D auditor would sure be capable of auditing against the IFS Logistics standard.

Did your audit program include all requirements of the IFS standard? That is what is really asked for in requirement 5.1.1.

Why do you not audit your organization by an internal auditor, who has received internal auditing training?

I am sure that CBs in Sweden can provide such a training.

These internal audits should be independent from the activities they are auditing.

I do not know your organization, but with 2 or 3 internal auditors you can probably cover the whole IFS Logistics standards AND your own quality manual/requirements  and still have independent auditors.

Kind Regards,

Madam A. D-tor

twistedchout

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Sweden
    Sweden

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:38 AM

Our plan is to give someone training for internal auditing. Fourtnately we are close to Denmark and we found a supportative partner there.

Training within BRC and IFS Food is availble within Sweden. Hopefully we will be the very first transporting company receiving IFS logistics in Sweden. Thank you for your input.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users