Jump to content

  • Quick Navigation
Photo
- - - - -

Did your business meet its objectives in 2014?


  • You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Did your business meet its food safety objectives in 2014? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Did your business meet its food safety objectives in 2014?

  1. All of them (15 votes [31.25%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 31.25%

  2. Some of them (30 votes [62.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 62.50%

  3. None of them (1 votes [2.08%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.08%

  4. What are objectives? (2 votes [4.17%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 4.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 RG3

RG3

    Grade - PIFSQN

  • IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 153 thanks
70
Excellent

  • United States
    United States
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

Well I guess I did alright I got 80% of my bonus with the other 20% coming in on February.

 

I guess I have to stick it out till February.


  • 0

#27 MWidra

MWidra

    Grade - PIFSQN

  • IFSQN Principal
  • 771 posts
  • 285 thanks
120
Excellent

  • United States
    United States
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:On the Beautiful Eastern Shore of MD
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

Well I guess I did alright I got 80% of my bonus with the other 20% coming in on February.

 

I guess I have to stick it out till February.

I hope that the bonus was substantial, or at least significant.

 

Martha


  • 0

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

 

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets


#28 it_rains_inside

it_rains_inside

    Grade - SIFSQN

  • IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 86 thanks
41
Excellent

  • United States
    United States
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:28 PM

I won't know until I get my bonus. Then we'll really know what they think.

 

 

Wait... you get a bonus?  I need to start looking for another job, lol!


  • 0

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be"

                                -Wayne W. Dyer

 


#29 it_rains_inside

it_rains_inside

    Grade - SIFSQN

  • IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 86 thanks
41
Excellent

  • United States
    United States
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

I can see that we've made progress as a company this year and I think mgmt see it too (At least at my base facility ... our sister plant just needs to burn to the ground) 

 

We've maintained our grade with BRC ( A grade, with only 3 NCs this year)

Customer Complaints: CPMs below six sigma (Boss is happy with this one)

Recalls: No Food Safety Events

Internal Audits: Completed on time with CAs completed within given time frames

And for the first time ever, we are looking at quality system UPDATING activities. We've moved from a place where we are constantly creating them and letting them fail, to creating them, investing in them and now improving on them!! (YEE-HAW!)

 

For my company... 2015 is going to be about quantifying where we are. My GM wants to see more $$ associated with the KPIs/ KQIs. Cost of quality type dealios. Where we can put some money back into the bottom line and take advantage of some low-hanging fruit.  Also we are in the beginning stages of bringing on a new customer that will push us into a whole new ball game. Right now we do fruit bases, this customer will bring on dairy and low-acid products (Taking us from low-risk to high-care (I think?) and cracking our allergen program wide open. This will seriously put the QS to the test.

 

For me personally, I'd like to see that food culture that everyone keeps talking about. We are talking the talk, now I want to see people walking the walk. The numbers look good when you crunch them and put fancy graphs with them, but I want to walk around the plant floor and see it. EVERY DAY!


  • 0

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be"

                                -Wayne W. Dyer

 


#30 cazyncymru

cazyncymru

    Grade - FIFSQN

  • Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 320 thanks
121
Excellent

  • Earth
    Earth
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

In 2015 we're going to be moving into a purpose built facility that is about 5 times the size of the one we're in now.

 

Building is well underway. As a team, our MD has consulted with us every step of the way; we've all made wish lists and at the moment everything (and some) from the wish list is being incorporated into the new factory.

 

It will be difficult making that transition; as we will have to maintain production, and maintain certification! There are going to be challenges as we are going to have to validate everything. 

 

But I'm up for the challenge.

 

My objectives and KPI's for next year is, if not to improve, then to maintain our micro levels, CPMU etc at the level it is now (no increases)

 

Caz x


  • 0

#31 RG3

RG3

    Grade - PIFSQN

  • IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 153 thanks
70
Excellent

  • United States
    United States
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:11 PM

Wait... you get a bonus?  I need to start looking for another job, lol!

It's not all its cracked up to be. It's there way of getting around giving you a justifiable amount from the get go. Then they can shaft you some percentage because some dingus decided to get hurt or your boss can lie and say the company isn't doing that well. To top that off the government gets about 50% of that bonus.


  • 0

#32 it_rains_inside

it_rains_inside

    Grade - SIFSQN

  • IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 86 thanks
41
Excellent

  • United States
    United States
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

It's not all its cracked up to be. It's there way of getting around giving you a justifiable amount from the get go. Then they can shaft you some percentage because some dingus decided to get hurt or your boss can lie and say the company isn't doing that well. To top that off the government gets about 50% of that bonus.

 

Well at least it looks like you're getting something a little extra! Congrats on your success in 2014!


  • 0

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be"

                                -Wayne W. Dyer

 


#33 Tony-C

Tony-C

    Grade - FIFSQN

  • IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,974 posts
  • 800 thanks
168
Excellent

  • United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Koh Samui
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:21 PM

In 2015 we're going to be moving into a purpose built facility that is about 5 times the size of the one we're in now.

 

Caz x

 

If you've got a team of experienced & trained core staff then that will make life a lot easier.

 

Good Luck!

 

Tony


  • 0

#34 Snookie

Snookie

    Grade - FIFSQN

  • IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,624 posts
  • 262 thanks
162
Excellent

  • United States
    United States
  • Gender:Female

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:29 PM

It's not all its cracked up to be. It's there way of getting around giving you a justifiable amount from the get go. Then they can shaft you some percentage because some dingus decided to get hurt or your boss can lie and say the company isn't doing that well. To top that off the government gets about 50% of that bonus.

 

I hated the bonus structures where all of management is tied together--all too often I did not get my bonus because someone else did not meet their benchmarks and I have no control over whether or not they made them. 

 

I hate that IRS gets so much of it.  Please no bonus, its not a carrot for me.  I just want to do a good job, holding a bonus in front of me doesn't change that. 


Edited by Snookie, 18 December 2014 - 09:30 PM.

  • 0
Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

#35 it_rains_inside

it_rains_inside

    Grade - SIFSQN

  • IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 86 thanks
41
Excellent

  • United States
    United States
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

I had a non-conformance in a (retailor) audit because I didn't have a complaint reduction plan.

 

Quite difficult when 2012 complaints for them were zero, 2013 complaints zero, and with 3 weeks to go, 2014 complaints zero

 

So ill probably get a on-conformance on their next audit because I haven't reduced them!! :giggle:

 

Ce La Vie!!

 

Caz x

 

Here's your plan Caz - Negative Complaint Numbers!! (You could call it, customer COMPLIMENT plan, where for every compliment you get from a customer you take a "negative" customer complaint  :roflmao:  :giggle:


  • 0

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be"

                                -Wayne W. Dyer

 





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users