• Quick Navigation
Photo

Is there a book to explain regulatory monitoring function?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Safaa

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Morocco
    Morocco

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:32 AM

Hii,

emmm,i work as a monitoring regulatary Responsable and i need to know if there is any book explaining this fonction.

Thanks 

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:07 PM

I have not seen a book telling you how to take care of regulatory matters.  Does your job only include food safety, or do you take care of other regulatory topics as well, like occupational safety?  That would change your duties.

My job title is Regulatory Coordinator.  I take care of food safety and occupational safety, but I would be involved if we started a new process that was regulated by another agency.  But things may be different in Morocco.  If you can find someone who is there and who fills that job at another company, you should talk to them.

Sorry if I could not be more help.

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

Thanked by 2 Members:

Safaa

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Morocco
    Morocco

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:23 PM

Hi Martha,

Thanks for your reply,

effectively, i take care of others topics such as, occupational health security at work  & enviremment.

My mission as a regulatary monitoring consist to identify laws & reglementations relative to the QHSE in the company activity

to asses their compliance by doing audits 

to do action plans 

& to anticipate laws & reglementation 

in fact, i thonk it is 

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

Do you have regulatory body in your country for food safety and occupational safety?

If you do then it would be a good idea to contact them to see how you can subscribe to updates on new and changes to existing regulations.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

Safaa

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Morocco
    Morocco

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

Hi SiMON.

Yes, There is a free website where i can find all Official Bulletin wich means all laws, & there is so much laws 100 year from publication.
& that's complicate things, and as we don't study that at school & because it is a new function, every time i discover something that the company should respect, so, my request was if there is any support, book.. i can rely on it to know topics that i should focus in or the best methodology  to do at work 

I don't know if i am clear, if my idea pass well

Thanks 

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:37 PM

Safaa, I understand what you are saying.  Your role and mine are similar.

I am lucky that the US government has many resources available to help people understand the regulations.  They also have a version of the regulations that do not include material that was changed, only the current regulations.  And they can be searched by topic.  Maybe that is available in Morocco.

The US government also must publish any proposed regulations in the Federal Register before they are activated.  Maybe there is a similar process in Morocco, so you can see upcoming changes.

When you first get started, it is a huge task learning about all the regulations.  Start with those that are important for your company, learn them first, then start looking at the ones that are less important.  As you do that, you will get better at learning how to read and understand regulations, so your task will get easier.  I actually like reading regulations, it is much easier than reading court decisions! 

I have a degree in Paralegal Studies, so reading and understanding the law is easier for me than for people who have not learned about the law.  Maybe there are some college courses available for people who want to learn about the law but are not going to be lawyers that you can take.  At least, maybe you can find some textbooks on administrative law (regulations from agencies is called administrative law in the US) for Morocco.  These would have to be about Moroccan law, obviously.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

Thanked by 1 Member:

Safaa

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Morocco
    Morocco

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:07 AM

Yes, yes Martha , i appriciate ur idea. Thanks