• IFSQN Active
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:57 AM

Hi to everyone.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of vision systems in a bakery environment, and what their experience is.  

The initial objective would be to look for significant colour defects (overbake) and shape deformities.

Thanks

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

Hopefully somebody will share their experience when the forum heats up later today.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

QLD

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 59 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:16 AM

You can source vision systems to automate most checks currently conducted in bakeries visually (appearance, colour, visual defects etc) and some measurements (width, height, length).

As with a lot of things the more you spend the more powerful, repeatable and future proof system you will get. Starting at the low end of cost would be a simple offline system where you can program yourself going all the way up to a dedicated online bakery system with all the programming taken care of.

Leila Burin

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 154 posts
  • 45 thanks
Excellent

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

hello, I´ve seen it implemented in a big pastry Company (Spain -> 1st Iberia donuts&frozed pre baked bread producers); and reduces a lot of NC and scrap. It is a great  early on line SCP tool! Go for it!

:)

Leila

Thanked by 1 Member:

jkoratich712

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 99 posts
  • 19 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food, books, bakeries, coffee, HACCP, sanitation

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:00 PM

I have seen a system used for bread for height and color. It scanned and rejected anything that was not within the specification. All data was collected and reports were automatically generated each day. It even alerted management if the system was disabled. It has been six years since working with it, so I'm sure that the technology has approved since then. From what I remember it was rather costly, but definitely worked! I hope that we eventually get a system similar to it at the bakery I currently work at!

Thanked by 1 Member:

Kolosort

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:41 PM

As the imaging sensors are getting more perform-ant the applications in the Vision inspection are getting more accessible and better performance.

A basic inspection system which is analyzing the shape and size are mostly PC based with 10-20 rejection nozzles depending on the size of the conveyor.  Something similar to palotech.hu 

More advanced systems are PLC controlled with many features what the user will not always use. PC based systems are cheaper and they are custom built, some with real time metrics, all collected data can be exported for analysis. 

A basic "Ad-on" system is the best way to go in the beginning.

There are many established names and many new. Google is your best friend.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users