• Quick Navigation
Photo

ISO 22000 (7.3.3 Product characteristics)

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Sweetheart

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

In 7.3.5.2 point (Description of process steps and conrol measures): I'have confusion about that point :( 

In this point, "THE EXISTING CONTROL MEASURES"  means?. Here can we do hazard analysis or not?. Here can only we identify the hazard? :o

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:55 PM

:welcome: to IFSQN!

I believe the point which you are inquiring about in 7.3.5.2 is asking you to take a look at what controls you have in place before you perform the hazard analysis which is in section 7.4 so that you are prepared for the hazard analysis.

I don't know what industry you are in but let's say that there is a flour mill that is getting ready to do their hazard analysis.  If they look at the possibility of foreign material getting into the finished product they will know going into the hazard analysis that at certain points they have equipment that mitigates that risk such as sifters.  Also if they have magnets in their process ferrous metal may not be something that is going to be a real threat up to the point of the magnet.  However they also know that if any foreign contaminant gets into the product after the sifters or from the last sifter that there may be a risk of product adulteration.  Also if any ferrous metal gets into the product after the last magnet there will likewise be risk.

Those control measures need to be described and in the HACCP manual because they are things that are mitigating risks to the product from different hazards.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Sweetheart

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:51 PM

In 7.3.5.2 point (Description of process steps and conrol measures): I'have confusion about that point :(

In this point, "THE EXISTING CONTROL MEASURES"  means?. Here can we do hazard analysis or not?. Here can only we identify the hazard? 

I'm student of food science and technology  & my subject is Food Quality & laws. I've ISO 22000:2000(E) manual for study & have not a good idea about that point. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:53 PM