Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

Hopefully there are some fellow candy makers out there that make cut candy pieces that can help me out.  What do you use for your cooling tables in which you cut your product on?  Or do you cut your product some other way than with knives/rollers?  

My concern is metal contamination from steel tables we have (they are not stainless which I wish they were).  When the knives or rollers are run along the table they create grooves and potentially metal fragments.  I need to make a case to management that we need to replace or doing some major rehab on these to prevent metal as they cannot rely on the metal detector we have, and I'd like to see what other people use for cutting product that doesn't pose a metal contamination risk.

Thanks!

Quality Ben

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food Safety, Quality, Laboratory, Technical Issues, Water Activity and Migration, VITAL, Allergens, Fresh Produce, Post Harvest, Cold Smoked Fish, Non Pasteurised Caviar, Cook/Chill, Listeria Hunting & Eradication/Environmental monitoring programs, Small-Goods, HACCP, Continuous Improvement, Problem Solving, Risk Mitigation, Listeria.spp., High Risk, Chemistry, Cleaning and Sanitation, Biosecurity, Consultancy, Training, Process Control

Food Safety = Science + Culture

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:25 AM

I would think you would need high grade stainless for this?

What are the rollers or cutters made of?

freeromios

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• Greece
    Greece

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:03 PM

A  good idea is to TEST for metals concentration of the final product.

If your products exceed the limit then your managers will be convinced.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users