• IFSQN Member
  • 63 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:30 PM

Hello All,

My company is an FDA regulated / SQF certified manufacturer of food contact surfaces. We are currently managing our training records with signed training logs and an excel spreadsheet training matrix. It has so far met the requirements but at risk for various problems. We are investigating some training record database tools that also meet the FDA part 11 for electronic records. Would anyone have any recommendations? We are a three site, 250 - 300 employee business. Any idea on cost?

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:52 AM

Training software is not something I've ever used, so did a google search - if you pick your way through the results on that review site you will see it includes both software for tracking employee training (I think what you want) and also quite a few LMS (Learning Management Systems) that are platforms for creating training.  Hopefully that list will help for starters until someone with experience can input.

Added: And of course Safefood360 software includes a training module.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

it_rains_inside

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 99 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:07 PM

Our company uses a software called IndustrySafe. This program tracks safety training (as well as accident investigation) and also on the job training sessions.

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be"

-Wayne W. Dyer

Thanked by 1 Member:

S Maddux

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Hiking, Cycling, making beer and drinking good beer, family, friends and making every day count. "Good leadership isn't about advancing yourself. It's about advancing your team" -John C Maxwell

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:31 PM

We use Alchemy, best thing we ever did.  Alchemy has trainings backed by BRC and SQF.  They have a bunch of trainings set up plus you can add your own trainings to the system.  Each employee has their own remote that they check out.  As the training goes on each person must answer the question correctly or it goes over the question again.  The best part is all the training records are keep on the cloud with all the info you need to satisfy BRC and SQF.  And the training really works.  Very interactive.  I recommend it to everyone.  This training does take a cost.  I got our CEO to purchase it after I showed him how many of our customers use it.  That was all it took.  Good luck 

Thanked by 1 Member:

ncorliss

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 63 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

thank you all for the replies! Just curious, what was the general cost to implement?

Mulan1010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 249 posts
  • 139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:01 PM

I agree with S. Maddux, Alchemy is a wonderful training system and their support and customer service is right there with you and they have great training classes on how to use the system every month.  Also, as S. Maddux pointed out, a big plus is that SQF and BRC auditors are very familiar with it.  The first two years of SQF Auditing the training section of the audit was pretty brutal; then we started using Alchemy and now that part of the audit is only about 5 to 10 minutes.

EHam

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 13 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:21 PM

Our company also uses Alchemy. I highly recommend. Like S Maddux mentioned, you can make your own training material for anything. Job specific, company specific, anything you need training for. Even if you don't know where to start, the canned training sessions are pretty decent. This training system would probably be quite beneficial considering you have 3 different facilities which more than likely have different programs and procedures. I'm sure you could call or e-mail for a quote.

SpursGirl

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 117 posts
  • 83 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

We use Alchemy too - worth the initial outlay.

Sarah

S Maddux

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Hiking, Cycling, making beer and drinking good beer, family, friends and making every day count. "Good leadership isn't about advancing yourself. It's about advancing your team" -John C Maxwell

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:55 PM

Alchemy will run about $25,000 to $35,000.  Depends on the number of employees and hardware you need.  It is very nice to see that so many companies use Alchemy.  Good Luck.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:58 AM

Alchemy will run about $25,000 to $35,000.  Depends on the number of employees and hardware you need.  It is very nice to see that so many companies use Alchemy.  Good Luck.

Alchemy sounds great and top of the range.  If you have the backing of senior management for such an investment you are certainly lucky to be working for such and enlightened organization. I wager (in fact I know) many on the forums are not.  The original poster was asking for a simple training record keeping database and I've not hear many suggestions about that.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,412 posts
  • 999 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:14 AM

If anyone is mildly skilled in Access, a simple, functional database can be had for virtually no cost. Well, except for the time needed to enter the data.

Marshall

ncorliss

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 63 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:00 PM

Thank you all for the replies!

ksteele

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:04 PM

I believe you are a plastic manufacturer? We have found our ERP system, IQMS to be great for logging trainings. Not sure if you use any ERP but that may be an option as well

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users