• IFSQN Associate
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

Morning All,

Process monitoring paperwork is becoming a nightmare... I fear I have killed half the rainforest with the amount of paper we use (and then have to store!)

I would like to go down the electronic route.... ideally with handheld units...

Does anyone know of a decent company who will not rip my eyeballs out?

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:25 PM

Hi Rebecca, what are you monitoring? For example temperature, speed, weight etc.  If you can give us a better idea of what data you are collecting then we can be more specific with advice.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

RebeccaCave

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

Hi

We make tortilla and break snacks for the retailers. We monitor temps, moistures, salt levels etc.

Ideally I would like it to include some form of traceability on my ingredients linked back to a raw material batch or a final product date code.

Thanks

Rebecca

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

There are a large number of ways to approach this.  In some cases I have seen companies where they have created a data base and information was entered electronically in the production areas.  I have seen it done in excel spreadsheets as well. 

One company I know adapted there accounting software to track it, (that one did not work so well).  Depending on the difficulty level of what you're doing their are solutions that may not be too expensive. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Umeda

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 11 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:15 PM

There are a great deal of software in the market that will help you with that.  Some are more expensive then others, but that's because they have a bigger package of capabilities and have been in the market for much longer.  Some are less expensive and gear towards small to medium companies.  Here is a list I've compiled so far. 

Presage Analytics, Trace Gains, N2N Global, Safefood360, SafetyChain, ReposiTrak, Thermo Scientific, ETQ, Checkit, Verse, IQS, Infinity QS.  

Hope that helps.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users