Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:53 PM

My sister texted me and told me George Takei died so I freaked out but then it was just Lenoard Nimoy

There's a great interview with him in Trekkies (doc about Star Trek fans) where he mentions some hot chick sent him a joint & a picture in the mail and he really liked it, so I always wanted to send him one with a picture of me lookin' all hot, but I guess I missed my chance.

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:41 PM

End stage COPD at 83 must have been difficult for such an active person.  May he rest in peace.

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:51 PM

I'm kind of catching up, been writing all day.  :eek_yello:

That reminded me of an event that happened around here some years back.

http://www.cbsnews.c...oam-cops-groan/

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

It's been a LOOOOOOOONG week.  For the records, I hate snow.  With every fiber of my being.  Almost as much as I hate the cold.  And I need more sleep.

That being said...

11053064_864933220240865_719777704177302

Happy Friday, all.

Martha

Satya Vavilapalli

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 70 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

happy Friday . .

Regards

Satya

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

I haven't slept all night since 1999.

In fact haven't slept for most of the night since 1999.

Happy Friday!

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:17 PM

I haven't slept all night since 1999.

In fact haven't slept for most of the night since 1999.

Happy Friday!

Aww, hope you get your healthy sleep in another way!

Martha

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

Please tell me about it Marha?

I have restless leg syndrome, ever since the twins were born in 99.

Back on topic to Happy Friday! :2cool:

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:46 PM

Simon I have RLS too.  I found a pill over the counter that helped some I can't remember the name.  I think it was in with the vitamin section though idk if it's something that's sold in Europe.  I never went to the doctor for medication like my sister did.`Mine isn't too bad but when it hits it's rough to deal with.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:27 PM

Shall I start a new medical topic for all of our ailments?

:off_topic:

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

Well it affects your Friday so maybe it's not totally :off_topic:  lol

Edited by Mr. Incognito, 06 March 2015 - 02:41 PM.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:51 PM

I suffer from chronic bad attitude.

Friday1.png

Edited by magenta_majors, 06 March 2015 - 03:24 PM.

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:35 PM

Yeah we know, but can you sleep at night. :lol:

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

It's been a LOOOOOOOONG week.  For the records, I hate snow.  With every fiber of my being.  Almost as much as I hate the cold.  And I need more sleep.

That being said...

11053064_864933220240865_719777704177302

Happy Friday, all.

Martha

This is why I live in the desert.  We occasionally get a bit, enough to ooh and ahh over and then it goes away.  The easterners would laugh at what I think of cold during the day.  Of course, I will be whining when the heat gets over 110 this summer. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

friday_happy_dance.jpg

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Kelly S

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 96 posts
  • 36 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Sci Fi Geek, Book Lover, Chef-in-my-own-kitchen, Eclectic Music Collector

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

e3c65ddd46f8613ca34a6ac4e5e9ca39.jpg

“Will this be on the test?" "Yeah, about the test. The test will measure whether you are an informed, engaged, and productive citizen of the world, and it will take place in schools and bars and hospitals and dorm rooms and in places of worship. You will be tested on first dates, in job interviews, while watching football, and while scrolling through your Twitter feed. The test will judge your ability to think about things other than celebrity marriages, whether you’ll be easily persuaded by empty political rhetoric, and whether you’ll be able to place your life and your community in a broader context. The test will last your entire life, and it will be comprised of the millions of decisions, that when taken together, make your life yours. And everything — EVERYTHING — will be on it.”

-  John Green

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:49 AM

e3c65ddd46f8613ca34a6ac4e5e9ca39.jpg

You get to celebrate Fridays very early, but ours is only just beginning...all the same it certainly is a Happy Friday...enjoy!

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

It's the first day of spring.  It's snowing.  

705684f59262dbeb6235b64bad4e0abb.jpg

Martha

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,610 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:50 PM

Please tell me about it Marha?

I have restless leg syndrome, ever since the twins were born in 99.

Back on topic to Happy Friday! :2cool:

Magnesium citrate.  I have been taking it for a couple of years and while not totally gone, my RLS is much reduced. YMMV

I have worse incidents when I have been taking allergy meds too for some reason. 

-Setanta         

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:00 PM

It's the first day of spring.  It's snowing.  

705684f59262dbeb6235b64bad4e0abb.jpg

Martha

Hey wait a minute, I hate winter as much as the next man/woman, but murdering a snowman...really. :dunno:

Magnesium citrate.  I have been taking it for a couple of years and while not totally gone, my RLS is much reduced. YMMV

I have worse incidents when I have been taking allergy meds too for some reason. 

Hi Setanta, I know lack of magnesium is a possible contributory factor.  However, I’ve been tested and my levels are ok.  Unless magnesium citrate is something else?  To be honest though I will try anything if it makes it better. It drives me crazy. 

For a time I was on Clonazepam, but they have bad side effects and I have heard that anti Parkinson meds work. I would rather not go on something strong though.

I’ve had every test going including sleep studies, nerve conduction, brain scan, blood tests etc.

I think it must be linked to stress.

It’s horrible isn’t it. :headhurts:

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:52 PM

Hey wait a minute, I hate winter as much as the next man/woman, but murdering a snowman...really. :dunno:

Hi Setanta, I know lack of magnesium is a possible contributory factor.  However, I’ve been tested and my levels are ok.  Unless magnesium citrate is something else?  To be honest though I will try anything if it makes it better. It drives me crazy. 

For a time I was on Clonazepam, but they have bad side effects and I have heard that anti Parkinson meds work. I would rather not go on something strong though.

I’ve had every test going including sleep studies, nerve conduction, brain scan, blood tests etc.

I think it must be linked to stress.

It’s horrible isn’t it. :headhurts:

Those with the benefit of the Gulf Stream may not understand about murdering a snowman, but those of us in the Eastern US are that sick of snow.

The citrate in magnesium citrate is just the other side of the magnesium salt molecule.  That salt of magnesium is well absorbed, so it is one of the preferred forms.  It's just an efficient way to get magnesium into your system.

All of the drugs that treat neurological conditions have side effects, and the ones that are used for RLS are a way to treat the symptoms only.  There appears to be no current cure.

I empathize with you, because I also have an almost untreatable movement disorder, Essential Tremor.  It's progressive, and it has gotten to the point that In the mornings my handwriting can be illegible, on a bad hand day, and it has made me more unsteady on my feet.  Movement disorders are frustrating because  you feel that you should always be in control of your body, at the very least.  Being at the mercy of a renegade nervous system is the pits.

Back to more happy thoughts, IT'S FRIDAY, AND PAY DAY FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martha

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

Those with the benefit of the Gulf Stream may not understand about murdering a snowman, but those of us in the Eastern US are that sick of snow.

The citrate in magnesium citrate is just the other side of the magnesium salt molecule.  That salt of magnesium is well absorbed, so it is one of the preferred forms.  It's just an efficient way to get magnesium into your system.

All of the drugs that treat neurological conditions have side effects, and the ones that are used for RLS are a way to treat the symptoms only.  There appears to be no current cure.

I empathize with you, because I also have an almost untreatable movement disorder, Essential Tremor.  It's progressive, and it has gotten to the point that In the mornings my handwriting can be illegible, on a bad hand day, and it has made me more unsteady on my feet.  Movement disorders are frustrating because  you feel that you should always be in control of your body, at the very least.  Being at the mercy of a renegade nervous system is the pits.

Back to more happy thoughts, IT'S FRIDAY, AND PAY DAY FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martha

You must be sick of it to go to such lengths, but the snowman is just an outcome and not the root cause.  Destroying the snowman is futile, but granted may help you to feel a little better. :smile:

Yes damn nervous systems, but let's not dwell on it...as you said it's Friday!

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:09 PM

You must be sick of it to go to such lengths, but the snowman is just an outcome and not the root cause.

Touché, Simon.  Well played.  :spoton:

Have a great weekend.

Martha

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:21 PM

Yes you too Martha.  I'm done.

Kelly S

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 96 posts
  • 36 thanks
Good

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Sci Fi Geek, Book Lover, Chef-in-my-own-kitchen, Eclectic Music Collector

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:38 PM

MjAxMi00ZTJmODcxNzJiYjlkN2Fj.png

:sleazy:

“Will this be on the test?" "Yeah, about the test. The test will measure whether you are an informed, engaged, and productive citizen of the world, and it will take place in schools and bars and hospitals and dorm rooms and in places of worship. You will be tested on first dates, in job interviews, while watching football, and while scrolling through your Twitter feed. The test will judge your ability to think about things other than celebrity marriages, whether you’ll be easily persuaded by empty political rhetoric, and whether you’ll be able to place your life and your community in a broader context. The test will last your entire life, and it will be comprised of the millions of decisions, that when taken together, make your life yours. And everything — EVERYTHING — will be on it.”

-  John Green

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users