Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

Hello all, we recently re-surfaced the walls in a pre-batch area and in the process ended up losing the ALLERGENS IN RED POTS sign which consisted of printed paper with tape underneath. Now that we have the new surface, that is able to be cleaned as needed, I had an idea of using a stencil and red paint to avoid another "hanging sign" or the dreaded 4 screws on whatever. I have not seen anything in the AIB Consolidated Standards which specifically addresses the use of signs other than the obvious design standards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:10 PM

I would think that as long as the paint is approved for food processing areas it would not pose a problem for AIB or anyone else.  That's the key, getting paint that is USDA approved (they are the agency that looks at ambient paint issues.)

The pigments used in paint are not always good stuff, so you may have to look for one that complies.

And, contacting your auditor from AIB may be a way to get a definitive answer.  It's worth a try.

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

Thanked by 1 Member:

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

I am very wary of paint especially on FRP panels. The chemicals that sanitation using at time is very hard on paint and may in the long run cause the paint to flake. You also want to make sure the surface can take the paint you want to paint with. I've been in a very bad situation where it felt like it was snowing in the production room with paint. Resurfacing and Painting with the correct paint is very expensive and guess what "It's out of our budget".

Thanked by 1 Member:

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

I would agree with the above. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,831 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:15 PM

Durable, cleanable sign for me.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

This site has some pretty inexpensive signs - http://www.mysafetys...om-safety-signs

I use a laminatior for in house signs, they're roughly $50 - $100 to buy everything to set up, but we laminate everything that goes into areas with melted chocolate.

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Thanked by 1 Member:

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:32 PM

This site has some pretty inexpensive signs - http://www.mysafetys...om-safety-signs

I use a laminatior for in house signs, they're roughly $50 - $100 to buy everything to set up, but we laminate everything that goes into areas with melted chocolate.

If you want to make paper signs for free, just sign up at this site.

http://www.stclaire....r/ssb-panel.php

You make your sign and download it as a pdf.

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users