Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 94 posts
  • 33 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:30 PM

I'm no HACCP expert, but from all I've learned (mostly from the wonderful contributors to IFSQN), you have to think like a paranoid detective -- by asking yourself ---- AND THOSE WHO KNOW THE PROCESS AND THE INGREDIENTS - "how can my chocolate be unintentionally adulterated?  You may want to start with the process flow diagram.

While you may be only one wearing an official QA/QC hat, the people around you have both knowledge and responsibility.  Engage them by asking them lots of questions.  In my facility (we deal with chocolate, too), we only have 2 CCPs -- the last filter in the liquid chocolate line, and metal detector for moulded pieces.  But around that we have all of the prereq programs that are described in this thread -- allergens, GMPs, pest control, sanitation, warehouse management, stock rotation, incoming goods inspections (including COAs for all ingredients), etc.  CCPs are (by definition) a last resort. 

peipei

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:07 PM

I'm no HACCP expert, but from all I've learned (mostly from the wonderful contributors to IFSQN), you have to think like a paranoid detective -- by asking yourself ---- AND THOSE WHO KNOW THE PROCESS AND THE INGREDIENTS - "how can my chocolate be unintentionally adulterated?  You may want to start with the process flow diagram.

While you may be only one wearing an official QA/QC hat, the people around you have both knowledge and responsibility.  Engage them by asking them lots of questions.  In my facility (we deal with chocolate, too), we only have 2 CCPs -- the last filter in the liquid chocolate line, and metal detector for moulded pieces.  But around that we have all of the prereq programs that are described in this thread -- allergens, GMPs, pest control, sanitation, warehouse management, stock rotation, incoming goods inspections (including COAs for all ingredients), etc.  CCPs are (by definition) a last resort. 

We do have prereq programs like allergens, GMPs, sanitation and all...

I guess there is an organization problem in the facility...

Now that you mention, then we do have 2 CCPs... the liquid chocolate filters and the moulded chocolate metal detectors..

I guess the problem right now is having everyone following the rules. All the production employees doesn't really care what's going on or even follow what should be done. Everything is done half heartily.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users