• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:19 AM

Hi All

it would  be great if I get assistance in the above topic , actually as we are a catering service company we have a kitchen and dinning area for open buffets breakfast , lunch, and dinners, in our department (Food Safety Department ) we have to make health awareness lectures to our client , staff who are coming to have the buffets  or eat from our food , as a commitment they ask last week ago us to provide and make brochures selecting topics in Health , food safety and nutrition , could you  assist  in selecting the topics I mean the update and new topics.   I need something unique or new in  food safety and health world , please advise , you can just tell the name of the topic then I can do google search on that , your assist is highly appreciated . 

Regards

Hygienic

Marcel

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:28 AM

perhaps you will find some information at big foodcompanys like Mc Donalds ?

MmeMuffin

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

How about putting nice time-saving cooking tips- easy ways to husk corn, peel potatoes, etc..
Or easy ways to boost the flavor of a dish- citrus zest, carmelized onions, etc. 

Easy food safety advice for educational brochures includes time and temp rules for a variety of foods (maybe tie it in to a food you serve often)

For nutrition "articles" - some interesting things are that the calorie count of nuts had been overestimated, lycopene in canned tomatoes is more bioavailable than fresh, the myth that people should avoid egg yolks if they have high cholesterol....

Recommended exercise times and easy changes you can make to increase the amount you move (take the stairs, park at the back of the lot) - remind people that if finding 30 min to workout is a problem, to break it up into smaller spurts throughout the day. 

In a brochure you won't really be able to delve into difficult or extremely controversial topics, unless you dedicate the majority of that brochure to that single topic. Keep it Simple ;)

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:35 AM

How about putting nice time-saving cooking tips- easy ways to husk corn, peel potatoes, etc..
Or easy ways to boost the flavor of a dish- citrus zest, carmelized onions, etc. 

Easy food safety advice for educational brochures includes time and temp rules for a variety of foods (maybe tie it in to a food you serve often)

For nutrition "articles" - some interesting things are that the calorie count of nuts had been overestimated, lycopene in canned tomatoes is more bioavailable than fresh, the myth that people should avoid egg yolks if they have high cholesterol....

Recommended exercise times and easy changes you can make to increase the amount you move (take the stairs, park at the back of the lot) - remind people that if finding 30 min to workout is a problem, to break it up into smaller spurts throughout the day. 

In a brochure you won't really be able to delve into difficult or extremely controversial topics, unless you dedicate the majority of that brochure to that single topic. Keep it Simple ;)

Thanks Mme muffin  a lot for the nice topics you have posted ,simple and understandable

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:05 PM

I have a lot of posters....no brochures though

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

hygienic

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:35 AM

Can I have some magenta

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic