• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Animals, Garage Sales, Tea Cups, Antiques and Disney

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:27 PM

After searching this site for endless hours, I kept getting conflicting information about a verification schedule. Some say your Internal Audit Schedule would suffice and other say no. Which is correct? Do I need to have a separate schedule showing the process I verify, or simply showing our auditor my internal audit schedule would work........

Thanks in Advance

Loni

Thanks,

Loni

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:41 PM

2.5.3 is your verification schedule,  I use this for verification activities - Verify the metal detector is working every 30 minutes .  Verify chemical concentration every morning via titration.

Internal audits go on 4.5.2 (Validation schedule)

To make it easier, I combine the 2.5.3 form with 2.5.1 (methods and responsibilities) and 2.5.4 (Verification of monitoring activities) .   Basically it's a chart with each monitoring and verification activity, frequency, and responsibility.

So maybe the QA Manager checks the visitor log once a week, but they only conduct a food defense audit annually.  The check goes on verification of monitoring, the audit goes on validation.

It can get very "fuzzy" as SQF does not dictate which activity is which. I attached copies of both if it will help - but don't be surprised if you get some different answers.

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Loni Banaszak

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:45 PM

Thank you this helps ALOT! :biggrin:

Thanks,

Loni

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:19 AM

After searching this site for endless hours, I kept getting conflicting information about a verification schedule. Some say your Internal Audit Schedule would suffice and other say no. Which is correct? Do I need to have a separate schedule showing the process I verify, or simply showing our auditor my internal audit schedule would work........

Thanks in Advance

Loni

Dear Loni Banaszak,

The basic problem as indicated in previous post is that SQF seem to have difficulty in deciding within themselves as to the preferred options regarding the interpretation of some fundamental activities. I suspect they wish to conform but also to be innovative. A difficult combination to validate. :smile:

IMO their (first)  Auditorial Directive should be "Make the Glossary Fit The Standard" (apologies to G&S)

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - From memory, ISO22000 defines the Internal Audit process as part of the System Verification Procedure. Such simplicity. Nudge-nudge SQF.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Loni Banaszak

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:57 PM